Join the Mayor of West Yorkshire’s new Culture, Arts and Creative Industries Committee
Do you want to support the Mayor and be part of this newly established Committee, set up to champion the amazing creative and cultural sectors in West Yorkshire?
The creative industries are at the heart of the Mayor’s vision for a just, fair and lasting economic recovery. The Mayor has established a new Culture, Arts and Creative Industries Committee to provide strategic oversight for this important work to support the creative and cultural sectors of West Yorkshire.
Engagement in cultural activities transforms the lives of individuals, communities and place. We know that culture plays a key role in delivering a stronger economy and more inclusive communities, that is why the creative and cultural industries are front and centre of the region’s strategy for economic recovery. The committee will also bring partners together to look at how culture, creative arts, sport and physical activity can combine to improve people’s health and wellbeing.
- We are looking for a cross-section of people from across West Yorkshire’s diverse businesses and community organisations who share our passion and want to use their skills and experience to make a difference.
- Use your expertise to help shape the Mayor’s cultural, creative and sporting strategy to ensure the activity planned reflects the needs of local business and communities.
- Become an ambassador for the creative industries and promote West Yorkshire as a great place to work, live and do business.
- Ensure that the approach both supports and strengthens connections with the region’s broader social, health and economic objectives.
- The role involves attending quarterly committee meetings as well as opportunities throughout the year to support the creative industries.
Interested in joining us?
To express an interest in joining us, please send your CV and a covering letter briefly explaining why you are interested in this opportunity and what area(s) of expertise you feel you could bring to: Boardrecruitment@the-lep.com
Closing date for expression of interest: 30 August 2021
Shortlisted candidates must be available for a meeting with the Appointments’ Panel on either the morning of 7 September or the afternoon of 9 September 2021. Please note; we are looking to appoint between six and ten people.
“We know the creative industries – whether art, music, dance, drama, film, or literature – create jobs, bring together communities and turbo charge regeneration.”
“This is a great opportunity to help me in my ambition to unite and celebrate our region’s creatives, to connect national bodies to our local incubators of talent and ensure the right support is in place to help them flourish.”
“Culture is vital to attracting people to live, work and invest in the North. As Mayor, I have pledged to deliver a Creative New Deal to drive economic recovery for everyone in West Yorkshire, generating jobs and kick starting local economies.”
Tracy Brabin, Mayor of West Yorkshire
“A strong cultural offer drives economic growth, new investment opportunities and delivers higher quality, more connected and vibrant places.”
“Our cultural assets underpin our leisure and tourism economy, bringing people together and contributing to the excellent quality of life that makes our region such an attractive place to live, work and invest.”
This is great opportunity for local business people to play a key role in the region’s growth, helping us to create a resilient and inclusive economic recovery that benefits everyone.”
Sir Roger Marsh OBE DL, Chair Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) and NP11