Help shape the future of West Yorkshire transport (1)
Help shape the future of West Yorkshire transport
We are looking for members of the public to be part of our Kirklees and Wakefield District Transport Consultation Sub-Committees.
As the county�s Transport Authority, West Yorkshire Combined Authority provides services such as:
- Metro bus stations,�
- Travel Centres�
- the Metro website (new tab),�
- the MetroLine call centre on 0113 245 7676
- the @MetroTravelNews Twitter feed (new tab)�
- the West Yorkshire Metro Facebook page (new tab)
Over the past 18 months, the Combined Authority has:
- opened new rail stations at Apperley Bridge, Kirkstall Forge and Low Moor.�
- invested �114 million in transport services.
This year the Combined Authority is:�
- investing over �155m in schemes to improve local transport networks in ways that will support economic growth, investment and job creation and make possible the building of much-needed affordable housing;
- providing �18 million to supporting bus services to ensure vital links are maintained for individuals and communities;
- coordinating home-to-school travel for over 40,000 school pupils.
District Consultation Sub-Committee meetings provide updates on local transport issues and developments, enable members to highlight public transport concerns with transport operators and provide an opportunity to consult on local transport policies and proposals.
No specialist transport knowledge is needed, but the Combined Authority would like to recruit people who have experience of public transport, cycling and walking in West Yorkshire. Members representing wider interest groups such as walking, cycling, people with disabilities, young people, BME communities, public transport users and other community forums are also being encouraged to apply.
Meetings take place on a weekday four times a year. Membership is voluntary, but reasonable expenses involved in travelling to the meetings will be paid.
Anyone interested in applying can download our Candidate Information Pack and Application Form, email the Combined Authority's Governance Services team or call them on 0113 251 7216. Application forms need to be returned�no later than Friday 3 November 2017.
West Yorkshire Combined Authority Transport Chair Cllr Keith Wakefield said:��Consulting with the public through specific exercises such as last year�s YouTravelYourSay which received over 5,000 responses and by ongoing initiatives such as the District Consultation Sub-Committees is key to our work to improve transport.
�We value local people�s views and are committed to taking them into account as we develops transport and other services and these regular meetings provide the opportunity for local people to have their say.
�We want to make sure all West Yorkshire�s districts are represented and would therefore like to hear from people in the Kirklees and Wakefield districts and influence the future of local transport.
Anyone interested in applying can download our�Candidate Information Pack (new tab)�and�Application Form (new tab),�email the Combined Authority's Governance Services team�or call them on 0113 251 7216.�
Application forms need to be returned no later than Friday 3 November 2017.
Apply now: �