We have set five priorities for the SEP:
- Boosting productivity: Helping businesses to grow and bringing new investment into the region to drive economic growth and create good jobs.
- Enabling inclusive growth: Enabling as many people as possible to contribute to, and benefit from, economic growth in our communities and towns.
- Tackling the climate emergency: Growing our economy whilst cutting emissions and caring for our environment.
- Delivering 21st century transport: Creating efficient transport infrastructure to connect our communities, making it easier to get to work, do business and connect with each other.
- Securing money and powers: Empowering the region by negotiating a devolution deal and successfully bidding for substantial additional funds.