£29,777 to £32,076 pa, Grade 7
37 hours pw
Closing date: 03 March 2024
Wakefield Council are looking to recruit a technician to join their Traffic & Road Safety Team with responsiblities for :
- The assessment of requests from Local Members, Statutory bodies and the general public for traffic measures and if considered appropriate the identification, design and preparation of traffic management schemes.
- The design and issue of all types of signing and lining schemes, and improvements, in accordance with appropriate regulations and specifications in compliance with Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
- Area Traffic Calming, Safer Routes to School, Pedestrian Facilities, Local Safety Schemes, Cycling Facilities, Bus Priorities, Small Scale Traffic Management and Pedestrian Facilities and Parking Schemes (including revenue funded Parking Schemes).
- Drafting and processing of traffic regulation orders under the Road Traffic Regulation Act and record keeping and maintenance of the associated databases and filing systems.
- Other tasks as described on the Job Specification.
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Anthony Finney.
Tel: 07721 020710
All correspondence regarding interviews and application progress will be sent via the e-mail address you have registered on this site with.
Please add the e-mail addresses below to your contacts or safe-senders list / check your junk mail folder to ensure that you don't miss important information regarding your application.
Wakefield Council is wholly committed to ensuring children and vulnerable adults are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and vulnerable adults whilst promoting their welfare. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.
This post is subject to the Fluency Duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016. The post-holder is required to demonstrate an appropriate level of fluency under the duty as detailed within the job specification for the post.
In accordance with the Council Probation Procedure this post is subject to a 6-month Probationary Period.
Having a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve helps us to achieve the best outcomes for all. We encourage applications from everyone and actively seek to ensure that everyone feels included in the workplace so that we can make the most of our differences.
About Wakefield Council
Want to find out more about Wakefield Council, click here.
Happy to talk Flexible working