The Police and Crime Panel
The Mayor is supported by a Police and Crime Panel (PCP), made up of 12 representatives from the five councils in West Yorkshire and two independent members.
The duties of the panel includes:
- Requesting information from the Mayor and their attendance at PCP meetings.
- Requiring the Mayor to respond to any concerns they have around policing and crime.
- Making recommendations on the Police and Crime Plan and annual reports.
- Vetoing the Mayor’s appointment of the Chief Constable and the level of local tax (the precept level)
- Seeking a professional view from Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire & Rescue Services (HMICFRS) regarding potential dismissals of the Chief Constable.
The Police and Crime Panel can be contacted at:
Telephone: 07920 833358
Address: 1st Floor Policy & Partnerships, Town Hall, Wood Street, Wakefield, WF1 2HQ
Website: westyorkshire-pcp.gov.uk - This website contains details of the public meetings of the Panel, to which members of the public are entitled to attend.