Wakefield Warm Homes Fund
The scheme will support improved heating and energy efficiency improvements to up to 271 homes. This scheme will help to alleviate fuel poverty and contribute towards the better health for its residents.
The scheme will provide support for households to:
- switch from carbon intensive forms of heating to efficient gas central heating, where no central heating is currently fitted; or
- upgrade and improve existing heating systems to more efficient, modern heating systems.
- insulate properties identified as suitable for standard insulation measures.
Qualifying households will benefit from lower energy bills and a warmer, healthier homes to live in.
This scheme is expected to achieve the following outputs:
- Complete up to 271 energy efficiency improvements to households across the Wakefield district
- Reduce CO2 emissions by 2,000 tonnes