Gigabit broadband voucher scheme
SME businesses, including home based businesses, across the UK can now benefit from grants of up to £2500 to get gigabit broadband installed to their business premises.
SME businesses, including home based businesses, across the UK can now benefit from grants of up to £2,500 to get gigabit broadband installed to their business premises.
The Government’s Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme has already helped more than 7,000 UK businesses and surrounding homes, who have used the vouchers to contribute to (and in many cases fully fund) the installation cost of a full fibre gigabit capable connection.
The £67 million scheme was initially expected to run until March 2021, but high demand for vouchers means that funds are now expected to be committed a year earlier, and perhaps even sooner if the current success of the scheme continues to grow.
Suppliers are offering vouchers worth between £500 and £2,500 each to local businesses which can then be used to pay for the installation of Gigabit speed connections. The aim of the programme is to encourage the market to extend full fibre infrastructure in the UK by increasing demand and reducing the cost to customers.
The benefits of a full fibre Gigabit broadband connection include:
- allowing businesses to upload and download massive files in a matter of seconds
- enabling widespread use of videoconferencing throughout an organisation
- providing an unprecedented level of reliability whilst greatly enhancing resilience
- future proofing - making sure that businesses have the technology in place to deal with the ever increasing demands for internet speed and connectivity
- allowing businesses in remote communities to compete on a technologically level playing field with those companies based in major cities who may already have full fibre connectivity.
Funding for the voucher scheme is limited, so businesses in the region are being encouraged to contact a supplier as soon as possible.
If you would like your business or organisation to benefit from the scheme the first step is to find a registered supplier.
There is no application process to complete, if a registered supplier can provide a gigabit capable connection to your business premises they will offer the voucher as a discount towards the installation costs.
Alternatively, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 3787992.