What the Transforming Cities Fund (TCF) programme means for Kirklees
Communities across Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Harrogate, Kirklees, Leeds, Selby, Wakefield and York are set to benefit from TCF schemes, which include new or improved bus and rail stations, cycling and walking infrastructure, and new Park and Rides.
In Kirklees, TCF schemes will:
- Transform access to Dewsbury town centre with a revitalised bus station, and walking and cycling routes within the town centre and to Kirklees College.
- Improve public transport to and within Huddersfield town centre, with a refurbished bus station, upgrades to the rail station and new cycling and walking routes linking the stations and the wider area. These improvements will support the delivery of the Transpennine Route Upgrade.
- Include a cycle route between east Huddersfield and the town centre.
- Provide a new bus hub at Heckmondwike.
- Improve bus reliability and cycling and walking routes on the A638 between Dewsbury and Bradford, Batley, a major development site at Chidswell and on towards Leeds.
Latest business cases
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org