Accountant – Ref: R/F5c
Grade K £36,316 per annum Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely) Fixed Term Contract 12 months Full time 37 hours per week Closing date – 28 May 2021
Grade K - £36,316 pa
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Fixed Term Contract
Closing date 28 May 2021
We are seeking to appoint an Accountant on a Fixed Term basis in our Finance team. You will proactively participate and lead on key financial and management accounting work as part of a team of Accountants reporting into either the Financial or Management Accountant.
At the West Yorkshire Combined Authority we bring together local councils and businesses through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), that ensures that our work meets the needs of employers and residents so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the Management Accountant, your key responsibilities will include:
- Provision of professional financial advice and guidance to officers on a range of financial matters.
- Proactive participation in the production of the annual revenue and capital budgets, and associated in year monitoring, forecasting & reporting
- support in the production of statutory annual accounts & reconciliations,
- lead on external statutory returns and claims
Review at the Role Profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes and experience but not be limited to:
- a strong understanding and demonstrable experience of financial controls and procedures
- ideally within a Local Authority or similar environment
- a practical knowledge of financial reporting standards and CIPFA/IFRS Code.
- You must be a member of a CCAB / CIMA qualified body and with experience in a similar role.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5 (currently under review)
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits. The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 28 May 2021.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.