Bus Network Planner – Ref: TS/T18
Salary: Grade I £28,306 per annum - Leeds City Centre (Temporarily Remote) - Full Time Permanent 37 hours per week - Closing Date 24th February 2021
Bus Network Planner
Grade I - £28,306 pa
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Closing date 24 February 2021
West Yorkshire Combined Authority are seeking to appoint a Bus Network Planner to join our Bus Services Team.
At the West Yorkshire Combined Authority we bring together local councils and businesses through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), that ensures that our work meets the needs of employers and residents so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the Bus Network Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing expertise on bus services to support strategic projects and engage with / influence key stakeholders to ensure best solutions for bus services are sought.
- Review and design new commercial and tendered bus networks, as part of the CA Bus Network Review program.
- Evaluate the impact of operator service changes and minimise negative impacts on the bus network.
Please review the Role Profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience
- Holds a degree or has equivalent relevant experience in passenger transport.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise of the UK bus industry, including bus/crew scheduling and network planning.
- Detailed understanding of local transport policy issues, including current legal/financial regime in which local public transport is delivered.
- Extensive knowledge of bus operations in West Yorkshire.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5 (Currently under review)
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 24 February 2021.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.