Business Development Executive ES/T6e
Grade J | £32,356 - £37,465 pa | Location Leeds | Permanent | Full time (37 hours) | Applications for part time / job share will be considered | Closing date: 14 August 2022
Business Development Executive - ES/T6e
Grade J | £32,356 - £37,465 pa |
Location Leeds |
Full time (37 hours pw) | Applications for part time / job share will be considered
Closing date: 14 August 2022
- Do you want to work for an organisation that values you as an individual?
- An organisation that will support your professional development?
- What about an organisation that has Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the heart of everything that it does?
- How about an organisation that does all these things and more?
- Yes? Then look no further than the West Yorkshire Combined Authority! Listen to what our staff say on our 'Life at West Yorkshire Combined Authority' webpage.
A rare opportunity to join Leeds City Region's highly successful Trade & Investment team. We are looking for a commercially aware individual with a good understanding and experience of supporting business investment decisions.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Mayoral Combined Authority. We have a wide variety of exciting projects that we are working on which will help shape the West Yorkshire region.
In 2021 the £1.8bn devolution deal was secured for West Yorkshire. This meant the first Mayor of West Yorkshire was subsequently elected, with Tracy Brabin taking up post in May 2021. The devolution deal and election of the Mayor has enabled us to start to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and helping to deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
To find out more about the work the Combined Authority is involved with take a look at our latest news stories.
West Yorkshire Combined Authority is recruiting for a highly motivated professional to join our Trade and Investment team. You will play a key role in supporting investment activity in Leeds City Region, working with UK based and overseas owned companies to understand and assist their plans for growth. In delivering this activity you will attract new businesses to locate in the region and raise the international profile of Leeds City Region’s business ecosystem.
Having recently attracted companies like the UK Infrastructure Bank, Channel 4, and iwoca to the City Region, we are looking for somebody to help capitalise on this momentum, generate new investment enquiries and act in an advisory capacity to both UK and overseas based companies who are considering establishing or expanding their business operations here.
Reporting to the Trade & Investment team’s Sector Manager, this role will support the delivery of Leeds City Region’s Inward Investment strategy. The position requires a strong focus on developing networks both inside and outside the region and managing an enquiry pipeline of projects through the full life cycle of investment - lead generation, project handling and investor development.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
In line with the West Yorkshire Combined Authority’s values, you will:
- Have experience working in one of our core sectors (Business, Professional and Financial Services, Advanced Manufacturing, Tech and Creative or Life Sciences)
- Have an understanding of the challenges facing industry and a strong understanding of skills and business support initiatives.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work on varied and complex projects
- Be passionate, proactive, and able to drive projects forward from inception to completion
- Possess knowledge of Leeds City Region’s strengths and of the drivers for business growth
- Be flexible and adaptable and able to work with initiative to achieve results
- Have an eye for detail and a strongly analytical approach to work
- Be confident and able to communicate, present to and develop relationships with senior business leaders and stakeholders
The role will suit an individual with experience of working with businesses, preferably from an inward investment or advisory background.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days Annual Leave (increasing upon years of service) plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Free Travel on rail and buses across West Yorkshire with the M-Card (Zones 1-5)
- Flexible Working Practices with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
We have also recently undergone a major office refurbishment and have bright, airy, modern office space, with all latest technology, and just a 2-minute walk from Leeds Train Station. We also have agile working options too if you would rather work from home, or another suitable location, as well as a generous flexi-time scheme.
Have a look on our Employee Benefits webpage to find out more.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your anonymised CV, and complete the application form on our application website telling us why you would be a great fit for our role.
Please apply by 11:55pm on Sunday 14 August 2022
if you require further information or would like to discuss the role, please contact Amanda King: Amanda.King@westyorks-ca.gov.uk
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better outcomes. We welcome applications irrespective of people's age, disability, neuro-divergence, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity. or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability and/or who are neuro-divergent. To find out more about inclusivity at the West Yorkshire Combined Authority please visit our dedicated webpage.
Whilst agile working is an option for most staff, there is an expectation that employees are able to attend the office in central Leeds as and when required.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone, video or face to face. If you have any difficulty with the type of interview you are invited to, please inform the recruiting manager at your earliest convenience to enable them to consider an alternative solution.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. We do however thank you for your application and encourage you to continue looking for roles on our Careers with Us website page.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.