Circular Economy Manager - ES/BS23a
Grade K, Salary £36,316 | Permanent / Full Time (37 hours pw) | Leeds City Centre (temporarily remote working) | Closing Date - 26 September 2021
Circular Economy Manager -ES/BS23a
Grade K - Salary £36,316 pa
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Permanent/Full Time (37 hours pw)
Closing date - 26 September 2021
West Yorkshire Combined Authority are seeking to appoint a Circular Economy Manager to join our Economic Services Business Support team.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement that a £1.8bn devolution deal has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
We bring together local councils and businesses, through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) ensure that our work meets the needs of employers so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
Reporting into the Senior Service Manager (Clean Growth), your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading and key account managing the REBiz circular economy programme, supporting small and medium sized businesses through their circular economy journey
- Identifying and developing strategic internal and external partnerships, supporting clean growth and resource management to promote the circular economy within the Leeds City Region
- Being an advocate and champion for clean growth and the circular economy within the City Region
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience
- A relevant sustainability, environmental or resource management degree with a strong focus on circular economy and resource efficient business models or equivalent relevant experience in circular economy, clean growth, business support and associated business consultancy.
- Knowledge and experience of sustainable economic development.
- Extensive practical experience of SME business drivers, priorities and issues, particularly in relation to resource efficient business models, circular economy and clean growth.
- Experience of relationship management, managing multiple projects, and of the application of consultative approach to meetings.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
If you require further information or would like to discuss the role please contact Vincent McCabe, Programme Lead (Clean Growth & Innovation) on 0113 348 1043
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on Sunday 26 September 2021
The post is part-funded by the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020 and the Northern Powerhouse Growth Deal.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.