Commissioning & Contracts Officer (Policing & Crime) PSC/R22
£29,257 pa | Grade H | Leeds/Hybrid | Permanent | 37 hours pw | Applications for part time / job share will be considered | Closing date: 01 October 2023
Commissioning & Contracts Officer PSC/R22
£29,257pa | Grade H |
- Do you want to work for an organisation that values you as an individual?
- An organisation that will support your professional development?
- What about an organisation that has Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the heart of everything that it does?
- How about an organisation that does all these things and more?
- Yes? Then look no further than the West Yorkshire Combined Authority! Listen to what our staff say on our 'Life at West Yorkshire Combined Authority' webpage.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Mayoral Combined Authority. We have a wide variety of exciting projects that we are working on which will help shape the West Yorkshire region.
We currently have a vacancy for a Commissioning & Contracts Officer to join our Policing and Crime team.
The Mayor has a clear vision for policing and community safety and what we are striving towards in West Yorkshire. The three words of our vision safe, just, inclusive exemplify our clear long-term ambition for West Yorkshire.
We are working with our partners and stakeholders to shape this vision to ensure it reflects the engagement, knowledge, and expertise of all organisations who work in the community safety field. We work alongside those with lived experience, and who have been harmed by crime, to inform and develop services for West Yorkshire.
Watch Alison Lowe, OBE, Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime tell you about our recruitment opportunities https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njKAvBSZCAw
Reporting into the Commissioning and Contracts Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Support the commissioning and contract and grant management of community-based services across West Yorkshire to achieve the Policing and Crime Plan priorities and the Violence Reduction Partnership Delivery Plan and statutory requirements.
- Support the development and undertake the monitoring, including financials of contracts, grants and service level agreements for commissioned and granted services.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Educated to A level or equivalent relevant education or demonstrable work experience.
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role.
- Experience of supporting complex contracts and/or grants.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
Successful applicants to roles which have been identified for Vetting will be subject to all relevant vetting checks at the appropriate level and any job offer will be conditional on successful vetting. All applicants must meet the necessary vetting requirements but should be aware that it is not always possible to carry these out on persons who have not been resident within the UK for the last three years. In these instances, applicants may be refused, where it is not possible to vet them to the appropriate standard.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days Annual Leave (increasing upon years of service) plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Free Travel on rail and buses across West Yorkshire with the M-Card (Zones 1-5)
- Flexible Working Practices with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
We have also recently undergone a major office refurbishment and have bright, airy, modern office space, with all latest technology, and just a 2-minute walk from Leeds Train Station. We also have agile working options too if you would rather work from home, or another suitable location, as well as a generous flexi-time scheme.
Have a look at our Employee Benefits webpage to find out more.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your anonymised CV, and complete the application form on our application website telling us why you would be a great fit for our role.
If you would like an informal chat about the role, please contact email@example.com 0113 348 1817
Please apply by 11:55pm on Sunday 01 October 2023.
Interviews to be held Thursday 02 and Friday 03 November 2023
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better outcomes. We welcome applications irrespective of people's age, disability, neurodivergence, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity. or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability and/or who are neurodivergent. To find out more about inclusivity at the West Yorkshire Combined Authority please visit our dedicated webpage.
Whilst agile working is an option for most staff, there is an expectation that employees are able to attend the office in central Leeds as and when required.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone, video or face to face. If you have any difficulty with the type of interview you are invited to, please inform the recruiting manager at your earliest convenience to enable them to consider an alternative solution.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. We do however thank you for your application and encourage you to continue looking for roles on our Careers with Us website page.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months.
Terms and conditions
The West Yorkshire Combined Authority has recently been in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
We are pleased to announce that these proposals have been accepted and work is currently underway to implement these.