Communications and Marketing Officer PSC/C25e
Grade J Salary £30,948 - £35,835 | This is a 12 Months Fixed Term Post (Maternity Cover) | Based in Leeds City Centre | Closing date – 01 September 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional person who wants to play a leading role in reshaping our local economy and forging better futures for millions of people.
That’s precisely what is on offer at West Yorkshire Combined Authority where a £1bn devolution deal has put the Leeds City Region at the forefront of the Government’s Northern Powerhouse delivery agenda.
The Combined Authority brings together five districts plus York, the business community via Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership and also takes in the former Passenger Transport Executive (branded Metro). Overall, the Combined Authority covers a population of around 2.5 million people and represents the largest economy outside London.
We are looking to appoint a communications and marketing specialist with a passion for making a difference. We are seeking a driven individual with excellent communications skills, experience across the full marketing and communications mix and with a track record in partnership working.
This is a varied role which will suit an adaptable individual, proficient at managing multiple projects and working with a range of stakeholders.
- Proficient at managing multiple projects and working flexibly and collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary communications and marketing team
- Impeccable written communications skills with the ability to develop compelling, outcome-driven content across digital and traditional media
- Significant experience of devising and executing multi-channel communications and marketing plans to achieve business goals
- Capable of working flexibly and collaboratively
- Experience of working successfully in a partnership environment
- Ability and confidence to advise senior figures both within and outside the organisation.
Experience of working with the screen production or creative industries would be beneficial to this post.
You will be educated to degree level or hold a relevant qualification in marketing, PR or communications, or relevant experience of performing in a
You will have:-
- experience in developing, delivering and evaluating high impact integrated marketing and communications campaigns
- experience of managing strategic communications activity including media relations and securing regional and national coverage
- experience of building relationships and delivering successful partnership activities
We offer an excellent benefits package including access to a generous employer-contribution, local government pension scheme and fully funded travel throughout West Yorkshire by bus and rail with the MCard. We also offer an encouraging environment that will allow you to achieve your best work/life balance and career goals.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Please note: Whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, each role has career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases on an annual basis.
For more information about the work of West Yorkshire Combined Authority please visit www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk
Please submit your application by 11:55pm on 01 September 2019
Given the high volumes of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants, therefore if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.
Candidate information will be retained by West Yorkshire Combined Authority for 6 months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Please read the Communications and Marketing Officer role profile before applying for this post.
You can then Apply Here