Consultation & Engagement Advisor (Transport) x3 PSC/C13t
Grade I | £30,801 pa | Location Leeds | Permanent | Full time (up to 37 hours pw) | Applications for part time / job share will be considered. Closing date: 10 April 2023
Consultation & Engagement Advisor (Transport) x3 PSC/C13t
Grade I | £30,801 pa |
Location Leeds |
- Do you want to work for an organisation that values you as an individual?
- An organisation that will support your professional development?
- What about an organisation that has Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the heart of everything that it does?
- How about an organisation that does all these things and more?
- Yes? Then look no further than the West Yorkshire Combined Authority! Listen to what our staff say on our 'Life at West Yorkshire Combined Authority' webpage.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Mayoral Combined Authority. We have a wide variety of exciting projects that we are working on which will help shape the West Yorkshire region.
In 2021 the £1.8bn devolution deal was secured for West Yorkshire. This meant the first Mayor of West Yorkshire was subsequently elected, with Tracy Brabin taking up post in May 2021. The devolution deal and election of the Mayor has enabled us to start to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and helping to deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
To find out more about the work the Combined Authority is involved with take a look at our latest news stories.
Do you believe all communities should have a voice in decisions affecting their local area? Do you want to help transform transport in West Yorkshire?
We are seeking to appoint organised, enthusiastic, and confident people to join the West Yorkshire Combined Authority’s dedicated Communities, Consultation and Engagement team. As a Consultation and Engagement Advisor you will be involved in an extensive range of transport projects.
With a good understanding of the principles of consultation and engagement, you may have a background in research, communications, marketing or other related disciplines. You will have the ability to work in partnership with a wide range of organisations and individuals, where you will work on exciting projects aimed at reducing reliance on car travel and increasing and improving infrastructure for walking, cycling and public transport.
Reporting to a Senior Consultation and Engagement Officer, your key responsibilities will include:
- You will plan, manage, deliver and evaluate consultation and engagement activities, enabling an extensive range of audiences to shape and influence our transport programmes
- You will manage relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior managers, elected members, community groups and other networks
- You will use research techniques to collect, analyse and present consultation and engagement findings
- The Combined Authority is committed to promoting equity, diversity, and inclusivity. You will use innovative methods to reach out to our communities, ensuring consultation and engagement activity is as inclusive as possible, and encouraging participation among seldom-heard groups
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, and experience:
- You will be an ambitious and confident individual with experience of project management
- Experience of working successfully in partnership with multiple stakeholders
- A keen understanding of communication and/or promotion methods and tailoring these for different audiences
- Knowledge and experience of some of the key technical aspects of the role (e.g., stakeholder mapping, data collection, engagement with seldom heard groups, data analysis and report writing) with a desire to learn more
- Previous experience of transport related consultation is desirable but not essential as training, learning and development opportunities will be available
If you would like an informal discussion about this role please contact Emma Sanderson, Senior Consultation and Engagement Officer, on 0113 348 1559 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Asmaa Hans, Senior Consultation and Engagement Officer, on 0113 251 7301 or email@example.com
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days Annual Leave (increasing upon years of service) plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Free Travel on rail and buses across West Yorkshire with the M-Card (Zones 1-5)
- Flexible Working Practices with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
We have also recently undergone a major office refurbishment and have bright, airy, modern office space, with all latest technology, and just a 2-minute walk from Leeds Train Station. We also have agile working options too if you would rather work from home, or another suitable location, as well as a generous flexi-time scheme.
Have a look at our Employee Benefits webpage to find out more.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your anonymised CV, and complete the application form on our application website telling us why you would be a great fit for our role.
Please apply by 11:55pm on Monday 10 April 2023
Interviews are likely to take place w/c 17 April 2023
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better outcomes. We welcome applications irrespective of people's age, disability, neuro-divergence, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity. or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability and/or who are neuro-divergent. To find out more about inclusivity at the West Yorkshire Combined Authority please visit our dedicated webpage.
Whilst agile working is an option for most staff, there is an expectation that employees are able to attend the office in central Leeds as and when required.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone, video or face to face. If you have any difficulty with the type of interview you are invited to, please inform the recruiting manager at your earliest convenience to enable them to consider an alternative solution.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. We do however thank you for your application and encourage you to continue looking for roles on our Careers with Us website page.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.