Contract Lawyer (Projects and Procurement)
£41,216 pa - Permanent - Full Time - Leeds (Temporarily Remote) -
Contract Lawyer (Projects and Procurement)
Grade L - £41,216 pa
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Permanent / Full time
Closing date 6th December 2020
We are recruiting for two Lawyers who want to play a leading role in reshaping our local economy and forging better futures for millions of people. This is a great opportunity to move into a senior legal role which can offer a variety of work in a vibrant environment.
One role will be working on the Transforming Cities Fund (TCF) Programme, the other will be working across a variety of smaller but critical projects. The Leeds City Region has been successful in securing one of the largest TCF awards in the country. It is an exciting ambitious programme of transport infrastructure aimed at reducing reliance on car travel and increasing and improving infrastructure for public transport and cycling and walking.
West Yorkshire Combined Authority and the Leeds City Region Local Enterprise Partnership work with local councils and businesses to ensure that everyone in our region benefits from a strong, successful economy and a modern, accessible transport network. You will help deliver the £1.8bn devolution deal secured for West Yorkshire, which will enable us to drive up living standards through better transport, improved skills and stronger businesses, while tackling the climate emergency.
We are seeking a self-motivated, experienced PPC lawyers to join our team to:
- Provide legal and commercial support on a variety of projects and procurement negotiations & decisions across the organisation.
- Engage with a wide mix of stakeholders in high profile, large scale infrastructure projects ensuring the best deal for the region is achieved.
- Support our regional grant funding schemes and prepare complex contractual documentation.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Be proactive and motivated with an excellent track record of providing customer focused and authoritative legal advice and support.
- Can demonstrate the ability to lead, manage and advise on complex legal and commercial work, managing competing priorities and delivering clear and accurate advice, often to tight timescales.
- Be a qualified Solicitor, Barrister or FCILEx.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
You can either apply online, by clicking here and uploading your CV and completing some supporting information or email you CV and Covering Letter quoting Ref: PPC Lawyer to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:55pm on 6th December 2020.
We are using Microsoft Teams for virtual hiring and remote on-boarding to help our candidates and hiring managers stay safe.
For an informal chat about this role please contact Javid Daji on 0113 251 7266.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.