Customer Support Assistant - PS/PF13ab2
Grade C - Salary: £18,328 pa (Will receive LW supplement) | Location - Keighley | Permanent / Full time (37 hours) | Closing date: 20 May 2022
Customer Support Assistant
Grade - £18,328 pa (will receive LW supplement)
Location - Keighley Bus Station
Permanent / Full Time (37 hrs pw)
Closing date - 20 May 2022
West Yorkshire Combined Authority are seeking to appoint a Customer Support Assistant to join our Bus Station Services team.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement that a £1.8bn devolution deal has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
We bring together local councils and businesses, through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) ensure that our work meets the needs of employers so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
Reporting into Bus Station Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- To ensure that West Yorkshire Combined Authority’s Bus Stations are kept clean and tidy (both internally and externally), sweeping and mopping, emptying litter bins, cleaning bus station toilets, and washing facilities as required, dusting, damp wiping, internal/external glass cleaning and washing of other surfaces as required.
- complying with statutory legislation regarding health and safety and our cleaning standards and specifications.
- To provide a visible and high standard customer service that promotes our bus stations as being safe, comfortable, and friendly places and that contributes to maintaining and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Working with Bus Station Manager to achieve a clean, healthy, and safe workplace.
- To work a shift system which will include weekends & Bank Holidays.
- Be a visible and enthusiastic team member, encouraging partnership working across the organisation.
Please review the Role Profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education, and experience.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
- Experience of effectively contributing to team objectives.
- To undertake British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICS) stage 1 and 2 training and attend learning opportunities to improve individual and team performance.
- Experience of achieving a high standard of cleaning.
- Experience of using resources /materials efficiently (e.g. cleaning products)
- Adaptable to new procedures and approaches.
- Maintains a smart/appropriate appearance.
- Takes a professional approach in all aspects of work.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days Annual Leave (increasing upon years of service) plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses across West Yorkshire with the M-Card (Zones 1-5)
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your CV to our online application form telling us why you would be a great fit for our role.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 20 May 2022.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. We do however encourage you to continue searching for vacancies on our Careers with Us website.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.