Customer Support Assistant – Ref: PS/PF13ca
£16,823 pa prorated (plus a Living Wage Supplement) - Part-Time / Permanent - (19 hours per week - Monday, Friday & Saturday) - Castleford Bus Station
Customer Support Assistant
Grade C - £16,823 pa prorated (Living Wage Supplement will be paid for salaries below £17,942 pa)
Castleford Bus Station
Part Time Permanent - 19 Hours a week (Monday, Friday and Saturday)
Closing date 16 November 2020
We are looking to appoint a Customer Services Assistant in our Passenger Services team. We are looking for a professional and welcoming person to join our friendly team at Castleford Bus Station. As a Customer Support Assistant, you’ll be on the front line at our busy, state of the art transport interchange at Castleford, assisting customers and helping to make the station look its best.
At the West Yorkshire Combined Authority we bring together local councils and businesses through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), that ensures that our work meets the needs of employers and residents so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
A large part of the role is helping customers with enquiries about journey planning, tickets and passes, we’ll bring you up to speed on the local bus network and give you training on the types of tickets and passes available. Reporting into the Bus Station Manager, the key responsibilities are but not limited to:
- To ensure that CA’s (Metro) Bus Stations are kept clean and tidy (both internally and externally), complying with statutory legislation regarding health and safety and our cleaning standards and specifications.
- To provide a visible and high standard customer service that promotes our bus stations as being safe, comfortable and friendly places and that contributes to maintaining and increasing customer satisfaction
- Take a pro-active approach to participating and delivering of your directorate’s objectives.
- Demonstrate commitment to corporate processes and ensure that these are delivered at all times.
- Be a visible and enthusiastic team member, encouraging partnership working across the organisation.
- Take a positive approach to self-development.
- To work a shift system which will include weekends
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role.
- Experience preferred of using resources/materials efficiently (e.g. cleaning products).
- Be able to undertake British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICS) stage 1 and 2 training and attend learning opportunities to improve individual and team performance.
- Be able to achieve recognised professional award “First Impressions”.
If you’ve got previous cleaning experience then great, but if not we’ll train you to a nationally recognised standard. Working on a shift pattern you’ll clean the concourse, staff areas and toilet facilities to a high standard using quality cleaning materials as well as helping our service delivery partners by attending to buses as they pass through the station.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 16 November 2020.
For further information about the role, please contact Helen Quarmby on email@example.com
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.