Cycle & Active Travel Champion
Cycle & Active Travel Champion - Grade PO3/PO4: £34,788 pa to £40,760 pa - 37 hours per week - Permanent - Based at Britannia House, Bradford - This role is advertised for Bradford District Council - Closing Date: 12th August 2020
Cycle & Active Travel Champion
Grade PO3/PO4: £34,788 pa - £40,760 pa
1 x 37 hours per week
Based at Britannia House, Bradford
This role is advertised for Bradford District Council. To apply online please visit the job vacancies page here of Bradford District Council
The role provides an exciting opportunity to work with an enthusiastic, multidisciplinary strategic and delivery-focused team in the development and delivery of walking and cycling strategies and schemes. You will be working across the Council and District to promote the health and environmental benefits of sustainable and active transport.
In particular you will:
- Work with stakeholders (internal and external to the Council) to champion cycling and walking and ensure they are at the heart of the planning and design of the District’s streets and communities and they contribute to improving the health and well-being of the people of Bradford.
- Develop and deliver the Local Cycling and Walking Infrastructure Plan, with reference to the Bradford District Cycle Strategy.
- Project manage the development and delivery of cycling and walking schemes, including the carrying out of investigations and feasibility studies, seeking funding and preparing concept designs.
- Provide technical input to transport studies, modelling, the development of the Local Plan, the development management process and funding bids.
- Provide technical input to transport scheme design and delivery.
- Use “softer” transport planning techniques to encourage more people to walk and cycle, e.g. using social media, developing marketing campaigns and bike hire schemes, working with employers, and general communications and engagement.
- Need experience in a senior capacity in an engineering/transport planning / planning service area in either public or private sector.
- Be educated to degree level plus have a recognised qualification in Civil Engineering or Transport Planning and/or eligible for election to corporate membership of Royal Town Planning Institute, Royal Institute of British Architects of other relevant organisation.
For further information regarding this post please contact John Davis on 07970 596 213 or email email@example.com. The role profile is also available on the council website detailing the vacancy.
Closing Date: 12th August 2020
To apply on online please visit the job vacancies page here
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT ACCEPT CVS ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.