Engagement & Development Advisor - PSC/C15at
Grade I | £28,801pa | Location Leeds | Fixed term 12 months (maternity cover) | Full time (up to 37 hours pw) ) | Applications for part time / job share will be considered Closing date: 02 October 2022
Engagement & Development Advisor PSC/C15at
Grade I | £28,801pa |
Location Leeds |
It is an exciting time to be joining the Mayoral Combined Authority. We have a wide variety of exciting projects that we are working on which will help shape the West Yorkshire region.
In 2021 the £1.8bn devolution deal was secured for West Yorkshire. This meant the first Mayor of West Yorkshire was subsequently elected, with Tracy Brabin taking up post in May 2021.
The devolution deal and election of the Mayor has enabled us to start to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and helping to deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.To find out more about the work the Combined Authority is involved with take a look at our latest news stories.
- Are you interested in making a difference to communities across West Yorkshire?
- Are you a skilled communicator able to engage with a wide range of audiences and influence travel behaviours?
To find out more about the work the Combined Authority is involved with take a look at our latest news stories.
We are recruiting an experienced engagement advisor to work as part of our marketing and campaigns team, with a particular focus on enabling more people to make more journeys by bike and on foot. The successful candidate will have a background in engaging with communities, as well as the ability to work with a wide variety of partners and stakeholders, knowledge and experience of behaviour change activities and be able to communicate effectively about the benefits of active travel.
This is a varied, exciting role, working in a fast-paced environment and as part of a marketing and campaigns team, with a focus on developing and delivering behaviour change activities that support more people to cycle and walk, more often
Reporting into the Lead Communications & Marketing Officer (Active Travel) the key responsibilities included:
- Developing and delivering behaviour change initiatives and offers that can be targeted to different audiences, with a focus on engaging them in cycling, walking, wheeling and scooting.
- Delivery of a community-based grants programme, including promoting, managing and scoring the grant application process, and monitoring delivery of funded activity, working with a broad range of community organisations to ensure the broadest range of audiences are supported.
- Developing a range of communications, with a particular focus on case studies and ‘people focused’ stories, that support the promotion of active travel.
- Procuring services and managing contracts and small projects, including ensuring the monitoring and evaluation of these projects as part of a programme evaluation framework.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
These roles are suited to individuals with experience in community engagement, project delivery and communications.
- experienced in development and delivery of engagement activity, with a particular focus on active travel.
- experience of working with other communications professionals and supporting the creation of communications that achieve a positive impact and promote sustainable travel.
- Experience of working with a wide range of partners, particularly charities and across the community to collaborate and deliver activity at a grass roots level to ensure the widest uptake of services.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days Annual Leave (increasing upon years of service) plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Free Travel on rail and buses across West Yorkshire with the M-Card (Zones 1-5)
- Flexible Working Practices with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
We have also recently undergone a major office refurbishment and have bright, airy, modern office space, with all latest technology, and just a 2-minute walk from Leeds Train Station. We also have agile working options too if you would rather work from home, or another suitable location, as well as a generous flexi-time scheme.
Have a look at our Employee Benefits webpage to find out more.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your anonymised CV, and complete the application form on our application website telling us why you would be a great fit for our role.
For further information about the role, please contact Katie Edmondson at email@example.com
Please apply by 11:55pm on 02 October 2022. Interviews will be held w/c 10 October 2022.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better outcomes. We welcome applications irrespective of people's age, disability, neuro-divergence, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity. or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability and/or who are neuro-divergent. To find out more about inclusivity at the West Yorkshire Combined Authority please visit our dedicated webpage.
Whilst agile working is an option for most staff, there is an expectation that employees are able to attend the office in central Leeds as and when required.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone, video or face to face. If you have any difficulty with the type of interview you are invited to, please inform the recruiting manager at your earliest convenience to enable them to consider an alternative solution.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. We do however thank you for your application and encourage you to continue looking for roles on our Careers with Us website page.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.