£47,695 pa - Permanent / Full-time - Remote Working (with travel to the Leeds offices in the future)
Grade M - £47,695 pa
Remote Working (with travel to the Leeds offices in the future)
Permanent/Full Time (37 hours per week)
Closing date 23 November 2020
We are seeking to appoint an Evaluation Manager for our Research and Intelligence team. You will lead the overall program of evaluation activity whilst leading a new team working on the monitoring and evaluation of the £317m Transforming Cities Fund (TCF) Programme.
The Leeds City Region has been successful in securing one of the largest TCF awards in the country. It is an exciting and ambitious programme of transport infrastructure aimed at reducing reliance on car travel and increasing and improving infrastructure for public transport and cycling and walking.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
The communication and dissemination of all project and program learning will be key to success in this role and you will need to work closely with the communications team to leverage key external successes and “What Works” messaging to drive engagement of our national and local partners. Reporting into the Head of Research and Intelligence, the key responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Be responsible for ensuring all project evaluations are compliant with the LCR Assurance Framework, LEP Growth Deal Guidance and HMT (Her Majesty’s Treasury), Green Book best practice and CA’s newly adopted Evaluation Strategy.
- Lead on all aspects of high-level impact evaluation activity across the Strategic Economic Framework, the evaluation of the Growth Deal and the TCF program.
- Be responsible for stage 7 of the LCR Assurance Framework (project closure and lessons learned).
- Lead a team of analysts tasked with managing and co-ordinating the organisation project evaluation pipeline.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will be an ambitious, results-focused individual, proficient at managing multiple projects and working flexibly.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Experience of managing a corporate evaluation team’s program of work ensuring the co-ordination of Assurance Framework project evaluation and ongoing program level impact evaluation work.
- Significant experience of evaluating major schemes ensuring all funding streams is consistent with recognised national guidance and methodologies.
- Experience of managing project evaluation to support to district partners ensuring the organisation can deliver high quality evaluation strategies and economic impact assessments.
- Ability and confidence to advise senior figures both within and outside the organisation on procurement and financial responsibilities.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
For more details of all benefits click here
You can either apply online uploading your CV and completing some supporting information or email you CV and Covering Letter quoting Ref: PSC/R20b to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:55pm on 23rd November 2020.
We are using Microsoft Teams for virtual hiring and remote on-boarding to help our candidates and hiring managers stay safe.
For further information about the role, please contact Patrick Bowes on email@example.com
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis. On exceptional cases we may be able to offer salaries above SP1.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.