Finance Business Partner (Policing) – Ref: CS/F18
Salary: Grade L £41,216 per annum - Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely) - Permanent Full time 37 hours per week - Closing date – 28 May 2021
Finance Business Partner (Policing)
Grade L - £41,216 pa
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Closing date 28 May 2021
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Finance Officer (Policing) in our Finance team.
At the West Yorkshire Combined Authority we bring together local councils and businesses through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), that ensures that our work meets the needs of employers and residents so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the Head of Finance, your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Director of Corporate Services and Head of Finance, provide expertise, challenge and advice for the Mayor / Deputy Mayor on financial matters relating to the policing function, strategies and police commissioning objectives.
- Work with the Chief Constable and their key staff to ensure the Mayor’s policing strategies and programmes are resourced and implemented cost effectively, and develop a budget strategy.
- Provide a positive contribution to joint MCA and WY Police management meetings and support the delivery of an effective service including advice, support, challenge and guidance to colleagues, ensuring financial controls and procedures are adhered to.
Please review the Role Profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes and experience but not be limited to:
- You must be a member of a CCAB / CIMA qualified body and have experience in a similar role.
- You must have a strong understanding and demonstrable experience of financial controls and procedures, ideally within a Local Authority and/or policing environment and have a practical knowledge of financial reporting standards and CIPFA/IFRS Code.
- You must have significant experience of managing large scale budgets in the public sector, ideally in the police environment and extensive experience of managing complex financial processes with multiple stakeholders.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5 (currently under review)
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits. The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 28 May 2021.
For further information about the role, please contact Sarah Milne at email@example.com
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.