Group Safety Advisor x 2 (Advertised on behalf of Kirklees Council)
Group Safety Advisor x 2 Policy, Intelligence and Public Health Corporate Health and Safety Team Flint Street, Huddersfield £26,999 - £35,934
Group Safety Advisor (2 posts)
Policy, Intelligence and Public Health
Corporate Health and Safety Team
Flint Street, Huddersfield
Full time - £26,999 - £35,934
These roles involve providing a comprehensive support service on all aspects of Health and Safety to Heads of Service, Line Managers and Employees. You will be based in the Operational Services and predominantly be involved in Waste Recycling and Street Cleaning. Any previous experience within this area will be beneficial.
This will include providing advice, developing policy and guidance, undertaking risk assessments, responding to and investigating accidents and dangerous occurrences to employees, service users and members of the public. It also involves carrying out workplace inspections and visits to premises owned or occupied by the Council, as well as identifying health and safety training needs.
- As a minimum, a NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent qualification in Occupational Safety and Health.
- As a minimum must be a Technical Member of IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) undertaking obligatory CPD (continual professional development).
- Practical approach which allows the Council to meet its health and safety responsibilities and deliver services.
- Proven experience in health and safety with the ability to undertake inspections, complex risk assessments, investigations and audits and produce reports.
- Ability to deliver health and safety training.
- Excellent communication skills to develop and deliver health and safety training and briefings and to communicate with management, employees, safety representatives, partners, contractors, service users and external agencies and to present information at meetings as appropriate.
- Excellent organisational skills to prioritise workloads, ensure targets and deadlines are met.
- Willing to undertake further training and development and expected to maintain their IPD/CPD.
- Ability to drive to and from various locations.
- Ability to work in any part of the area administered by the Council.
You will be required to undertake standard screening plus any other medical screening as decided by the occupational health physician, appropriate to occupational risk. Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory health clearance.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required for this job. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
In order to be short-listed for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Profile. CVs will also be accepted as long as they include a supporting statement which demonstrates how you meet the requirements of the role.
Please click here to apply
Closing Date: 6th March