Highways Liaison Assistant - PS/FA3d
Grade G – Salary £22,053 (pay award pending) | Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely) | Permanent / Full Time (37 hours per week) | Closing date - 17 December 2021
Highways Liaison Assistant - PS/FA3d
Grade G - Salary £22, 053 per annum (pay award pending)
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Permanent / Full Time (37 hours per week)
Closing date - 17 December 2021
We are looking to appoint a Highways Liaison Assistant.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right candidate who wants to join a dynamic team leading on the delivery of solutions to planned and unplanned events on the highway.
The role is based in West Yorkshire Combined Authority’s offices in Leeds (and from remote locations due to new planned flexible working arrangements) and will include regular travel to other districts to attend site visits and highways meetings.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the Highways Network Manager, the key responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Providing assistance to the Highways Network Manager through site visits and attendance at meetings to plan for and facilitate a public transport response to road closures and special events.
- Responding to correspondence relating to bus stop infrastructure changes on the highway and working with colleagues in local authorities to plan bus stop and bus shelter relocations for planned highways schemes.
- Liaison with bus operators, local highways authorities, event organisers and internal partners to mitigate emergency road closures, including providing up to date disruption information for wider circulation.
- Representing the interests of West Yorkshire Combined Authority at specific highways meetings and special event planning meetings.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
If you are able to demonstrate that you are ready for this challenging front line role, able to work accurately while responding to unplanned changes and can meet tight deadlines, then we would like to hear from you.
For further information about the role, please contact Neil Stewart on Neil.Stewart@westyorks-ca.gov.uk
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on Friday 17 December 2021
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.