HR Business Partner (ICS Project) R/H3d
Grade M, Salary £47,695 (pay award pending | Fixed Term Contract (up to 16 months) | Full Time (37 hours pw) | Leeds City Centre (Temporarily Remote) | Closing Date - 03 October 2021
HR Business Partner (ICS Project) R/H3d
Grade M - Salary £47,695 pa (pay award pending)
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Fixed Term Contract (up to 16 months)
Closing date - 03 October 2021
Here at the West Yorkshire Combined Authority (WYCA) we strive to be the best we can be. Now is a really exciting time to join our brilliant and unique organisation, one that is tasked with improving our region and the lives of its residents.
WYCA is now responsible for the delivery of the £1.8 billion devolution deal for West Yorkshire and is the home of the newly elected West Yorkshire Mayor, Tracy Brabin, the first woman to be elected as a Metro Mayor.
Additionally, we are about to embark on a major digital transformation project to replace our legacy Finance and HR applications into one new combined Enterprise Resource Planning system. This Integrated Corporate System (ICS) will equip staff with best in class tools to support the work of the Authority.
We are looking to appoint a number of key roles in our HR and Finance teams who will work closely within the wider implementation project team on this new system and will also work on some general operational work in the team to support and allow the release of current team members to input into the project
Reporting into the HR Operations Manager, you will be leading a team of HR Advisors and Support Officers and a Systems Specialist on a day to day basis, providing leadership and support to the HR ICS Project team
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working strategically with the ICS Project Team and Directorates to ensure all due consideration is given to the HR elements of the ICS Project
- Ensure all business planning decisions are considered and aligned with the HR strategy into how the organisation is transforming.
- Continually review the development of the implementation of the ICS implementation plan to ensure that HR policy, practices and processes meet the needs of the ICS System and the organisation
- Coach, guide and advise managers so they are skilled and equipped to handle challenging people management and development issues
- Provide strategic HR Business Partner services to the HR Operational Team as and when required
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You should be an experienced, enthusiastic and professional operational HR professional, who will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Managed and led change processes, providing guidance to senior management on major change projects
- Extensive and proven generalist HR experience working with senior management, providing advice, guidance and robust challenge.
- Experienced in forming and developing effective working relationships to achieve the best outcomes for the organisation.
- Be a strategic thinker with ability to put this into practice, alongside strong influencing skills, with ability to challenge at all levels.
- You will be CIPD qualified Level 5
There will be an opportunity to learn more about this project work and to speak to the team on a call which will be held on 22nd September 2021 at 12pm. If you are interested please speak to Habib Iqbal, ICT Project Manager on 0113 348 1737 or email email@example.com to arrange for details to join this call.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 03 October 2021
Interviews to be held w/c 11 October 2021
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.