HR Support Officer - R/H6c
Grade F, Salary £20,156 (pay award pending) | Permanent / Full Time (37 hours pw) | Leeds City Centre (Temporarily Remote) | Closing Date – 17 October 2021
HR Support Officer
Grade F - Salary £20,156 pa (pay award pending)
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Permanent / Full time (37 hours pw)
Closing date - 17 October 2021
Here at the West Yorkshire Combined Authority (WYCA) we strive to be the best we can be. Now is a really exciting time to join our brilliant and unique organisation, one that is tasked with improving our region and the lives of its residents, including our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
WYCA is now responsible for the delivery of the £1.8 billion devolution deal for West Yorkshire and is the home of the newly elected West Yorkshire Mayor, Tracy Brabin, the first woman to be elected as a Metro Mayor.
We have a great new opportunity to be part of this journey by joining our HR Team as an HR Support Officer
Reporting into an HR Business Partner, your key responsibilities will include:
- To provide a full and comprehensive HR administrative support service within the HR team
- To undertake HR contractual administration and maintenance of records, ie setting up new starters, issuing contractual documents, liaising with payroll to ensure the prompt payment of employees etc.
- To administer the recruitment process, liaising with recruiting managers and applicants to ensure the application and appointment process is followed and new starter details received.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will be an enthusiastic and resourceful individual who enjoys a challenge and working within a busy team and has an interest in HR systems. You will be
- Well organised
- Have a proactive and positive approach
- Ability to work accurately
- Ability to complete task to expected standards and meet tight deadlines
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 17 October 2021
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.