ICT Service Desk Technician - CS/IT 33e
Grade G | £22,053 pa | Location Leeds | Permanent | Full time (37 hours) | (Part time/Job share considered) | Closing date: 31 January 2022
ICT Service Desk Technician - CS/IT33e
Grade G - £22,053 pa (pay award pending)
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Permanent /Full Time (37 hour pw)
Closing date - 31 January 2022
We are seeking to appoint an ICT Service Desk Technician in our ICT Services Team. You will work as part of a team providing a single point of contact for the business, providing 1st and 2nd line support and customer services for computer hardware, software and telephony for all ICT Service incidents and requests.
At the West Yorkshire Combined Authority we bring together local councils and businesses through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), that ensures that our work meets the needs of employers and residents so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement that a £1.8bn devolution deal has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the ICT Service Desk Co-Ordinator, your key responsibilities will include:
- Receive customer requests to the ICT Service Desk via phone, email and personal requests, and to provide first and second line responses relating to hardware, software and telephony.
- Liaise with ICT colleagues or external suppliers to ensure resolution of incidents and fulfilment of Service Requests.
- Install, configure and support ICT hardware including desktop PCs, laptops and tablets, printers, photocopiers, projectors and telephony software including, Microsoft desktop applications, operating systems, email, Internet browsers and other Combined Authority bespoke software/applications.
Successful applicants to roles which have been identified for Vetting will be subject to all relevant vetting checks at the appropriate level and any job offer will be conditional on successful vetting. All applicants must meet the necessary vetting requirements but should be aware that it is not always possible to carry these out on persons who have not been resident within the UK for the last three years. In these instances, applicants may be refused, where it is not possible to vet them to the appropriate standard.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes and experience but not be limited to:
- Extensive knowledge in the use of Microsoft desktop applications, email, Internet browsers and other Microsoft products
- Extensive knowledge in the use of desktop PCs, laptops, tablets and other end-user hardware
- Knowledge of working within an Active Directory framework
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on Monday 31 January 2022
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.