Junior Designer - PSC/C28a
Grade H – Salary £24,986 | Permanent / Full Time (37 hours pw) | Leeds City Centre (Temporarily Remote Working) | Closing Date – 03 October 2021
Junior Designer - PSC/C28a
Grade H- Salary £24,896 pa
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Permanent /Full Time (37 hours pw)
Closing date - 03 October 2021
The West Yorkshire Combined Authority are seeking to appoint a Junior Designer to join our internal Studio team.
We bring together local councils and businesses, through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) ensure that our work meets the needs of employers so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
We are offering an opportunity for a full time Junior Designer to sit within our Studio function, supporting our Communications and Marketing department. The role will contribute to the design and production of assets for our suite of identities including the Combined Authority, LEP and Metro.
Reporting to the Lead Designer, the Assistant Designer will support delivery of communications, campaigns and content across the full breadth of traditional and digital media channels. The post holder will work across multiple projects for business and consumer audiences, will be experienced in working with brand guidelines and will have an understanding of both print and digital production terminology.
This is a varied role which will suit applicants with some experience in a busy in house or agency environment. You will be a comfortable working on your own or as part of team, with expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Knowledge of animation and video editing using Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere will be an advantage.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Support on provide a high quality design service for the whole of the Combined Authority, across a range of projects, campaigns, events and related activities, across all of our audiences locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Ensure marketing materials and collateral being published in the public domain either offline, online or through the line adheres to the CA corporate brand guidelines.
- Arrange printing as required, liaising with suppliers to enable on time on budget project delivery.
- Contribute design advice during concept development and project initiation consultations when working with colleagues, creative agencies and stakeholders.
- Work with creative agencies, stakeholders and partners to ensure the visual identity of the CA is maintained at a high, consistent standard.
- Advise on event and exhibition related equipment and requirements as needed, including obtaining and negotiating quotes from suppliers.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience
- In-depth knowledge of relevant apps in the Adobe Creative suite
- Understanding of design, print and film production and digital terminology
- Experience of working as part of a team and as an individual, in a similar in-house or agency role
- Experience of working with brand guidelines
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 03 October 2021
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.