Key Account Manager - Team Leader - Ref: ES/INW10
Grade L - Salary £41,216 | Permanent / Full-time (37 hours per week) | Leeds City Centre (Temporarily Remote) | Closing Date - 16 June 2021
Key Account Manager-Team Leader
Grade L - £41,216 pa
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Permanent / Full-time
Closing date - 16 June 2021
West Yorkshire Combined Authority are seeking to appoint a Key Account Management Team Leader to join our Trade & Investment team.
We bring together local councils and businesses, through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) ensure that our work meets the needs of employers so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the Trade & Investment Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the Key Account Management team’s programme of activity of retaining and growing overseas owned businesses in the Leeds City Region as part of a contract with the Department for International Trade
- Providing line management and leadership to two Key Account Managers
- Account managing your own portfolio of Leeds City Region businesses, proactively developing in-depth relationships at a senior level, identifying investment projects, providing advice and connections to your clients and gathering quality business intelligence during your meetings
- Collating and providing key management information for the Trade & Investment Manager and ensuring the team delivers on its contractual obligations, including landing an agreed target of investment projects each financial year
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience
- A degree or equivalent level experience, as well as direct experience in account management, business support or business consultancy
- Skilled in proactively securing meetings with existing and prospective clients and developing and maintaining relationships at a senior management level in multi-national companies.
- Strong communication skills and ability to actively question and listen in order to understand company issues and growth opportunities.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and experience of working to targets.
- Team player with experience of managing multiple projects and deadlines and in building stakeholder relationships.
- Experience of line management, including appraisals and performance management.
- An understanding of the key sectors, business support and stakeholders in the Leeds City Region
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 16 June 2021
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.