Key Account Manager x 2 - ES/INW8f
Salary £38,951 pa (pay award pending) Grade K | Location Leeds | Permanent (linked to funding) | (Up to) Full time 37 hours pw | Applications for part time / job share always considered | Closing date: 4 June 2023
Key Account Manager x 2 - ES/INW8f
Salary £38,951 pa (pay award pending) |
Location Leeds |
- Do you want to work for an organisation that values you as an individual?
- An organisation that will support your professional development?
- What about an organisation that has Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the heart of everything that it does?
- How about an organisation that does all these things and more?
- Yes? Then look no further than the West Yorkshire Combined Authority! Listen to what our staff say on our 'Life at West Yorkshire Combined Authority' webpage.
West Yorkshire Combined Authority are seeking to appoint Key Account Managers to join our Trade & Investment team.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement that a £1.8bn devolution deal has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
We bring together local councils and businesses, through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) ensure that our work meets the needs of employers so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
To find out more about the work the Combined Authority is involved with take a look at our latest news stories.
Reporting into the Key Account Management Team Leader your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Key Account Management team’s programme of activity of retaining and growing overseas owned businesses in the region as part of a contract with the Department for Business & Trade.
- Account managing your own portfolio of overseas owned regional businesses; proactively developing in-depth relationships at a senior level; identifying investment projects; encouraging international trade/export activity; providing advice and connections to your clients; and gathering quality business intelligence during your meetings.
- Providing key management information for the Key Account Management Team Leader to ensure the team delivers on its contractual obligations, including landing an agreed number of investment projects each financial year.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- A degree or equivalent level experience, as well as direct experience in account management, business support or business consultancy
- Skilled in proactively securing meetings with existing and prospective clients and developing and maintaining relationships at a senior management level in multi-national companies.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to actively question and listen in order to understand company issues and growth opportunities.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and experience of working to targets.
- Team player with experience of managing multiple projects and deadlines and in building stakeholder relationships.
- An understanding of the key sectors, business support and stakeholders in the region.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days Annual Leave (increasing upon years of service) plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Free Travel on rail and buses across West Yorkshire with the M-Card (Zones 1-5)
- Flexible Working Practices with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
We have also recently undergone a major office refurbishment and have bright, airy, modern office space, with all latest technology, and just a 2-minute walk from Leeds Train Station. We also have agile working options too if you would rather work from home, or another suitable location, as well as a generous flexi-time scheme.
Have a look at our Employee Benefits webpage to find out more.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your anonymised CV, and complete the application form on our application website telling us why you would be a great fit for our role.
Please apply by 11:55pm on Sunday 4 June 2023.
The Combined Authority is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better outcomes. We welcome applications irrespective of people's age, disability, neuro-divergence, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity. or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability and/or who are neuro-divergent. To find out more about inclusivity at the West Yorkshire Combined Authority please visit our dedicated webpage.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
Whilst agile working is an option for most staff, there is an expectation that employees are able to attend the office in central Leeds as and when required.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone, video or face to face. If you have any difficulty with the type of interview you are invited to, please inform the recruiting manager at your earliest convenience to enable them to consider an alternative solution.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. We do however thank you for your application and encourage you to continue looking for roles on our Careers with Us website page.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months.
Terms and conditions
The West Yorkshire Combined Authority has recently been in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
We are pleased to announce that these proposals have been accepted and work is currently underway to implement these.