Lead Evaluation Officer (Economy) SCP/R6d
£40.876 pa | Grade K | Leeds/Hybrid | Permanent | Part-time (18.5 hours pw) Closing date: 01 October 2023 Re-advertised (previous closing date 13 August 2023)
Lead Evaluation Officer (Economy) SCP/R6d
£40,876 pa (pro-rata)| Grade X |
- Do you want to work for an organisation that values you as an individual?
- An organisation that will support your professional development?
- What about an organisation that has Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the heart of everything that it does?
- How about an organisation that does all these things and more?
- Yes? Then look no further than the West Yorkshire Combined Authority!
- Listen to what our staff say on our 'Life at West Yorkshire Combined Authority' webpage.
We currently have a vacancy for a Lead Evaluation Officer (Economy) to join our Research and Intelligence team.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Mayoral Combined Authority. We have a wide variety of exciting projects that we are working on which will help shape the West Yorkshire region.
In 2021 the £1.8bn devolution deal was secured for West Yorkshire. This meant the first Mayor of West Yorkshire was subsequently elected, with Tracy Brabin taking up post in May 2021. The devolution deal and election of the Mayor has enabled us to start to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and helping to deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
To find out more about the work the Combined Authority is involved with take a look at our latest news stories.
Reporting into the Evaluation Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Development and management of the evaluation of the key non-transport related policies and delivery (for example the Growth Deal and Gainshare).
- Building an evidence base to inform policy, identifying gaps, and using evaluation learning to shape project design.
- Developing the Combined Authority’s strategic approach to evaluation, ensuring that the organisation is capable of capturing the outcomes and impacts of our investments
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Educated degree level or equivalent relevant experience in Economics, Economic Analysis, Economic Evaluation, Social Research Methods or similar area of study/work.
- Experience of developing effective senior level working relationships with Members, Government and partner organisations
- Experience of successfully performing in a similar role, with a focus on project and programme evaluation in the context of economics.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days Annual Leave (increasing upon years of service) plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Free Travel on rail and buses across West Yorkshire with the M-Card (Zones 1-5)
- Flexible Working Practices with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
We have also recently undergone a major office refurbishment and have bright, airy, modern office space, with all latest technology, and just a 2-minute walk from Leeds Train Station. We also have agile working options too if you would rather work from home, or another suitable location, as well as a generous flexi-time scheme.
Have a look at our Employee Benefits webpage to find out more.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better outcomes. We welcome applications irrespective of people's age, disability, neurodivergence, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity. or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability and/or who are neurodivergent. To find out more about inclusivity at the West Yorkshire Combined Authority please visit our dedicated webpage.
Whilst agile working is an option for most staff, there is an expectation that employees are able to attend the office in central Leeds as and when required.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone, video or face to face. If you have any difficulty with the type of interview you are invited to, please inform the recruiting manager at your earliest convenience to enable them to consider an alternative solution.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. We do however thank you for your application and encourage you to continue looking for roles on our Careers with Us website page.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months.
Terms and conditions
The West Yorkshire Combined Authority has recently been in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
We are pleased to announce that these proposals have been accepted and work is currently underway to implement these.