Leeds City Region Energy Hub Manager
£41,216 pa - Fixed Term Contract (12 Months) - Leeds (currently remote)
Leeds City Region Energy Hub Manager
Grade L - £41,216 pa
Leeds City Centre (currently remote)
Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
Closing date 15 November 2020
We are looking to appoint a Leeds City Region Energy Hub Manager to join our Energy and Sustainability Policy team and lead delivery of new exciting actions arising from the North East, Yorkshire and Humber Energy Hub. This is an exciting role that will help identify and deliver regional actions that will help tackle the Climate Emergency in West Yorkshire.
At the West Yorkshire Combined Authority we bring together local councils and businesses through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), that ensures that our work meets the needs of employers and residents so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the Policy Manager (Energy and Sustainability), the key responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Manage all work arising from the North East, Yorkshire and Humber Energy Hub (the Hub) and, working with local partners, develop and deliver projects arising from the Hub in West Yorkshire
- Build strong relationships with public, private and third sector organisations to identify low carbon/energy efficiency project opportunities, provide detailed technical and financial advice and support the Combined Authority and regional partners to bring forward low carbon projects with a sound business cases / investment ready proposition(s).
- Coordinate and bring forward a robust, regional tackling the Climate Emergency pipeline of low/zero carbon/energy efficiency infrastructure projects
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Significant practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role.
- In depth-knowledge of energy/low carbon sector.
- Significant, demonstrable experience of providing low carbon/energy efficiency technical support and advice to develop low carbon infrastructure projects and /or pipelines.
- Practical experience of successfully delivering a range of low carbon and energy efficiency projects.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 15 November 2020.
Interviews will take place w/c 23 November 2020.
For further information about the role, please contact Jacqui Warren, Policy Manager on 0113 348 1056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.