MetroLine - Customer Service Adviser Level 2 - TS/C6d
Grade E - Salary £ 18,456 pa | Permanent / Full Time (37 hours pw) | Leeds City Centre (Temporarily Remote) | Closing Date: 18 June 2021
MetroLine - Customer Service Advisor - Level 2 - TS/C6d
Grade E - £18,456 pa
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Permanent / Full-time (37 hours pw)
Closing date 18 June 2021
We are seeking to appoint a Level 2 MetroLine Advisor for our MetroLine contact centre. You will be a key member of the team using the skills and experience you have gained in a contact centre environment to provide excellent customer service.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting to the MetroLine Team Leader and working on a rota to cover all operational hours, your key responsibilities will include:
- Using your knowledge of the transport network, ticketing and concessionary schemes throughout West Yorkshire and the wider Yorkshire area to provide tailored information to customers via telephone, email, webchat and social media in line with agreed standards and targets that meets the needs of customers. Resolving problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions and escalating unresolved problems.
- Training and mentoring new members of staff in the use of the ACD telephone system, the customer relationship management (CRM) system, webchat, and the MetroLine Twitter and Facebook feeds via demonstrations, job shadowing and face-to-face briefings. You will also have a good working knowledge of the Real Time and disruption messaging tool.
- Undertaking relief Team Leader duties on a rota basis to ensure adequate cover for all operational hours by monitoring call levels, issuing breaks, dealing with sick leave and other last minute absences. Ensuring new members of the team provide a consistent level of service in line with agreed standards and targets. Planning and implementing route learning journeys to improve knowledge of West Yorkshire.
- Responding to customer enquiries and complaints received by email within agreed timescales. Providing coherent responses that address the issues raised by the customer and taking further action when necessary.
- Cover at the Combined Authorities head office reception and at any of our Travel Centres in West Yorkshire. Delivering face-to face customer service, providing help and guidance on journey planning queries, selling full range of tickets and passes, handling cash and operating tilling systems in line with agreed procedure. Selling the full range of Metro and third party tickets using the Haven tilling system and processing applications for all Metro concessionary passes.
- Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Practical experience of performing in a similar role
- Be flexible in approach
- Be educated to GCSE or equivalent relevant education/experience
For further information please contact
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 18 June 2021
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.