MetroLine Customer Service Advisor - TS/C6l
£22,704 - £25,669 pa (pro rata 0.5 fte) | Grade E | Location Leeds/Hybrid | Permanent | Part time (18.5 hours pw) | Closing date: 1 October 2023
MetroLine Customer Service Advisor - TS/C6l
£22,704 - £25,699 pa (pro rata 0.5 fte) | Grade E |
Location Leeds/Hybrid |
- Do you want to work for an organisation that values you as an individual?
- An organisation that will support your professional development?
- What about an organisation that has Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the heart of everything that it does?
- How about an organisation that does all these things and more?
- Yes? Then look no further than the West Yorkshire Combined Authority! Listen to what our staff say on our 'Life at West Yorkshire Combined Authority' webpage.
The hours for the post are Mondays & Tuesdays 07.00 - 15.00 and Wednesdays 8.00 - 11.30
We are seeking to appoint a Level 2 MetroLine Advisor for our MetroLine contact centre. You will be a key member of the team using the skills and experience you have gained in a contact centre environment to provide excellent customer service.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Mayoral Combined Authority. We have a wide variety of exciting projects that we are working on which will help shape the West Yorkshire region.
In 2021 the £1.8bn devolution deal was secured for West Yorkshire. This meant the first Mayor of West Yorkshire was subsequently elected, with Tracy Brabin taking up post in May 2021. The devolution deal and election of the Mayor has enabled us to start to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and helping to deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
To find out more about the work the Combined Authority is involved with take a look at our latest news stories.
Reporting to the MetroLine Team Leader, your key responsibilities will include:
- Using your knowledge of the transport network, ticketing and concessionary schemes throughout West Yorkshire and the wider Yorkshire area to provide tailored information to customers via telephone, email, webchat and social media in line with agreed standards and targets that meets the needs of customers. Resolving problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions and escalating unresolved problems.
- Training and mentoring new members of staff in the use of the ACD telephone system, the customer relationship management (CRM) system, webchat, and the MetroLine Twitter and Facebook feeds via demonstrations, job shadowing and face-to-face briefings. You will also have a good working knowledge of the Real Time and disruption messaging tool.
- Undertaking relief Team Leader duties on a rota basis to ensure adequate cover for all operational hours by monitoring call levels, issuing breaks, dealing with sick leave and other last-minute absences. Ensuring new members of the team provide a consistent level of service in line with agreed standards and targets. Planning and implementing route learning journeys to improve knowledge of West Yorkshire.
- Responding to customer enquiries and complaints received by email within agreed timescales. Providing coherent responses that address the issues raised by the customer and taking further action when necessary.
- Cover at the Combined Authorities head office reception and at any of our Travel Centres in West Yorkshire. Delivering face-to face customer service, providing help and guidance on journey planning queries, selling full range of tickets and passes, handling cash and operating tilling systems in line with agreed procedure. Selling the full range of Metro and third party tickets using the Haven tilling system and processing applications for all Metro concessionary passes.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Hold the Institute of Customer Service. Communications qualification or equivalent experience.
- Have practical experience of performing in a similar role.
- Be flexible in approach.
- Be educated to GCSE or equivalent relevant education/experience.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days Annual Leave (increasing upon years of service) plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Free Travel on rail and buses across West Yorkshire with the M-Card (Zones 1-5)
- Flexible Working Practices with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
We have also recently undergone a major office refurbishment and have bright, airy, modern office space, with all latest technology, and just a 2-minute walk from Leeds Train Station.
Have a look at our Employee Benefits webpage to find out more.
For further information about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Combined Authority is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better outcomes. We welcome applications irrespective of people's age, disability, neurodivergence, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity. or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability and/or who are neurodivergent. To find out more about inclusivity at the West Yorkshire Combined Authority please visit our dedicated webpage.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone, video or face to face. If you have any difficulty with the type of interview you are invited to, please inform the recruiting manager at your earliest convenience to enable them to consider an alternative solution.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. We do however thank you for your application and encourage you to continue looking for roles on our Careers with Us website page.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months.
Terms and conditions
The West Yorkshire Combined Authority has recently been in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits. We are pleased to announce that these proposals have been accepted and work is currently underway to implement these.