Metroline Team Leader - Ref: PS/PI6d
Grade G | £22,053 pa | Location Leeds | Permanent | Full time (37 hours) or job share (18.5 hrs per person) | Closing date: 24 January 2022
Metroline Team Leader
Grade G - £22,053.00 pa
Location - Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Permanent/ Full Time or job share (18.5 hrs per person)
Closing date - 24th January 2022
MetroLine is the multi-channel contact centre for the Metro brand as part of the West Yorkshire Combined Authority.
We are seeking to appoint a Team Leader for our MetroLine Contact Centre.
This is a hands-on role where you will be responsible for a small team of advisors ensuring the highest level of customer service to everyone who contacts us via our multi-channel contact centre.
You will also deal with customer enquiries and complaints as part of the wider team.
Reporting to the Contact Centre Coordinator and working on a rota to cover all operational hours, you will supervise the multi-channel contact centre which provides a customer focused information service to the public on bus and train services, ensuring both productivity and quality targets are met on the Metroline Service and that the “One Stop Shop” fulfils its customer service role in recording user feedback.
Key duties include;
- Ensuring adequate cover is in place for all operational hours.
- Ensuring members of the team provide a consistent level of service in line with agreed standards and targets and managing any poor performance inline with policies.
- Fulfilling the HR processes associated with being a team leader, e.g. employee relations, staff attendance, well-being meetings.
- Responding to complaints and answering escalated complaints. problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions and escalating unresolved problems.
- Training and mentoring new members of staff in the use of the ACD telephone system, the customer relationship management (CRM) system, webchat, and the MetroLine Twitter and Facebook feeds via demonstrations, job shadowing and face-to-face briefings.
- Responding to customer enquiries and complaints received by email within agreed timescales. Providing coherent responses that address the issues raised by the customer and taking further action when necessary.
- Updating disruption information on wymetro.com, real time information screens at bus stops and bus stations. Providing disruption information via social media.
Please review the provided Role Profile for more information of the full list of responsibilities.
- Hold the Institute of Customer Service Qualification or equivalent
- Have practical experience of performing in a similar role
- Be flexible in approach
- Be educated to A-Level or equivalent relevant education/experience
For further information about the role please contact
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on Monday, 24th January 2022.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.