Monitoring and Compliance Team Leader
Monitoring and Compliance Team Leader Based In Leeds City Centre Grade H Salary SP1-4 £24230- £28,056 Closing Date – 17 November 2019
Monitoring and Compliance Team Leader
Based In Leeds City Centre
Grade H Salary SP1-4 £24,230- £28,056
Closing Date – 17 November 2019
We are seeking a professional and enthusiastic monitoring and compliance team leader to join our personalised transport team. The role is based in the Combined Authority’s offices in Leeds, but will include regular travel across the region. The role is a critical leadership post within the team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- To manage the workload of the Monitoring and Compliance Officers working with internal and external stakeholders
- To manage the penalty point scheme for all areas of transport including Contracted bus services, School bus services, Special Educational Needs Transport, Accessbus and Bus Station Infringements
- To take a proactive and solutions based approach to leading your team, including active participation in the delivery of the Transport directorate’s objectives
- To motivate and lead your team to ensure targets are achieved
- To develop and maintain strong working relationships with Bus, Taxi and Minibus Operators to ensure contracts are operated to the standards required in the CA’s Conditions of Contract and Service Level Agreements
- To develop and maintain good communications with the Local Authorities, Licensing Authorities and other external bodies to ensure the CA is working to correct legislation in respect of operator, driver and vehicle licensing
The successful candidate is likely to have worked in a public transport environment in a supervisory / team leadership role with a strong people focus. They will be able to demonstrate leading a team to deliver against challenging targets.
They should be positive, resilient, proactive, an empathic communicator with an ability to build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
For more information about the work of the Combined Authority please visit www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk
We offer an excellent benefits package including access to a generous employer-contribution, local government pension scheme and fully funded travel throughout West Yorkshire by bus and rail with the MCard. We also offer an encouraging environment that will allow you to achieve your best work/life balance and career goals.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Secondment opportunities will be considered for this post, however, in line with the Combined Authority’s Secondments Policy, you must have 12 months’ service in your current role.
Please submit your application by 17th November 2019
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis. Given the high volumes of applications we receive we are unable to respond to every applicant, therefore if you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Please read the Monitoring and Compliance Team Leader Role Profile before applying for this post.
You can then Apply Here