Policy Coordinator (Energy and Environment)
Grade J – Salary £31,799 pa | Fixed Term (March 2024) / Full Time (37 hours pw) | (Secondment opportunities will be considered) | Leeds City Centre (temporarily remote working) | Closing Date – 06 August 2021
Policy Coordinator (Energy and Environment)
Grade J – Salary £31,799 pa
Fixed Term (March 2024) / Full Time (37 hours pw) (Secondment opportunities will be considered)
Leeds City Centre (Temporarily Remote)
Closing Date – 06 August 2021
West Yorkshire Combined Authority has an exciting opportunity for an exceptional individual to coordinate the Net Zero Region Accelerator programme and the team tackling the climate and environment emergency and delivering our commitment to become a net zero carbon West Yorkshire by 2038.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement that a £1.8bn devolution deal has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities.
We bring together local councils and businesses, through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) to ensure that our work meets the needs of employers so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
Reporting into the Programme Lead – Net Zero Region Accelerator, your key responsibilities will include coordinating:
- Delivery of the Net Zero Region Accelerator - a multi-year programme out to March 2024, developing a pipeline of high impact investment and funding ready projects that will boost green jobs, tackle the climate, environment and air pollution emergencies, restore and improve nature and support our region to be climate ready.
- The environment and energy team to be their best in tackling the climate and environment emergency.
- Collaborations, based on mutual trust and respect, between the West Yorkshire Combined Authority and local, regional and national partners and stakeholders at the forefront of delivering net zero and nature recovery and climate ready.
- The development of strong and productive relationships with the green finance and investment community including the Green Finance Institute, UK Centre for Greening Finance and Investment and UK Infrastructure Bank.
- An investment prospectus to showcase the region’s investment ready projects to potential banks, lenders, investors, insurers, funding agencies, UK government and public and private decision makers.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated and exceptional individual with experience of coordinating the development and delivery of net zero, nature and climate ready policies and projects with partners.
You will have the:
- Experience and understanding of local and national policy relating to climate, energy and environment
- Detailed understanding of the issues involved in developing projects to the stage of being ready for investment and funding, backed up with the knowledge and skills of practice to address them and find solutions.
- Know-how of the sectors, networks and roles of our partners and stakeholders, and the needs of businesses and people of West Yorkshire in developing new climate, energy and environment policies and projects.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
If you would like to discuss the role, please call Daniel Barrett on 07929 716 217 or email Daniel.Barrett@westyorks-ca.gov.uk
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 06 August 2021
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.