Procurement and Contracts Manager – Ref: R/P2d
Grade L: £41,216 pa - Leeds City Centre - Full Time 37 hours per week – Permanent - Closing Date: Sunday 15th November 2020
Procurement and Contracts Manager
Grade L: £41,216 pa
Leeds City Centre (Currently remote)
Full Time 37 hours per week – Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 15th November 2020
Interviews: w/c 30 November 2020
We are seeking to appoint a Procurement and Contracts Manager in our Procurement team. This role will be supporting all areas of the organisation in the delivery of capital funded projects over multiple funding streams ensuring quality and value for money.
At the West Yorkshire Combined Authority we bring together local councils and businesses through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), this ensures that our work meets the needs of employers and residents so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the Procurement and Contracts Lead, the key responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Apply compliant, best practice techniques to manage and deliver each stage of the procurement cycle, including strategic contract management, for allocated strategic and complex projects/contracts.
- Drive benefit realisation by ensuring allocated work is delivered on-time, manages risk, provides excellent value for money and customer satisfaction.
- Manage allocated stakeholders including identifying and reviewing the pipeline of projects, understanding needs and pressures, sharing relevant information on developing best practice and change.
- Work closely with other functional leads and internal contract owners to ensure that the necessary skills, knowledge and best practice around procurement and contract management are shared, ensuring compliance and minimising risk.
- Lead and motivate multi-disciplinary team to deliver procurements and contract management oversight successfully ensuring compliance and best practice.
Review the Role Profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes and experience:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of best practice procurement and contract management methodologies.
- Practical knowledge of UK and EU procurement regulations and contract law.
- Excellent track record of successfully delivering strategic procurements and providing contract management oversight.
- Category expertise in any of the following areas would be advantageous for this role but not essential, civil construction, general construction, professional services, or significant contract management expertise.
- Hold a relevant professional qualification with active membership.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your CV and with relevant supporting information linked back to the role profile on our online application process telling us why you would be a great fit for our role.
Please click here to apply by 11:55pm on Sunday 15th November 2020.
Any further query, please contact Faye Barker, Head of Procurement and Contract Management on 0113 2517313.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.