Programme Assistant - D/I20h
Grade H | £25,332 pa | Location Leeds | Permanent | Full time (up to 37 hours per week) Requests for part time / job share will be considered | Closing date: 10 July 2022
Programme Assistant - D/I20h
Grade: £25,332 pa
Location: Leeds (some working remotely)
Full time | Applications will be considered on a part time / job share basis
Closing date: 10 July 2022
- Do you want to work for an organisation that values you as an individual?
- An organisation that will support your professional development?
- What about an organisation that has Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the heart of everything that it does?
- How about an organisation that does all these things and more?
- Yes? Then look no further than the West Yorkshire Combined Authority!
We currently have a vacancy for a Programme Assistant to join our Transport Partnerships team.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Mayoral Combined Authority. We have a wide variety of exciting projects that we are working on which will help shape the West Yorkshire region.
In 2021 the £1.8bn devolution deal was secured for West Yorkshire. This meant the first Mayor of West Yorkshire was subsequently elected, with Tracy Brabin taking up post in May 2021. The devolution deal and election of the Mayor has enabled us to start to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and helping to deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
The West Yorkshire Combined Authority is successfully delivering one of the largest portfolios of transport schemes within West Yorkshire from the Department for Transport in the country. We have an exciting and ambitious programme of transport infrastructure aimed at reducing reliance on car travel and improving infrastructure for public transport, cycling and walking. This programme is vital in meeting our commitment to become a net zero carbon economy.
To find out more about the work the Combined Authority is involved with take a look at our latest news stories.
Reporting into the Programme Manager, the key responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Support partnership working across the organisation and externally.
- Work together with your team to ensure targets are achieved.
- Administer Programmes and Project Boards, including the establishment and maintenance programme and project management documentation
- Determine, administer, and monitor expenditure profiles for various schemes within the Programme.
- Utilise effective communication channels when working with others.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a project and programme delivery environment and have excellent organisation skills. They will be a confident communicator with the ability to navigate complex stakeholder relationships and help drive progress on project delivery.
The role holder will be primarily based in Leeds City Centre, although there may be requirements to undertake site visits and meetings across the Leeds City Region.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
For further information about the role, please contact Caroline Coy on email@example.com
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- We are looking for a candidate who has relevant experience in programme administrative background, proactive with excellent communication skills and an ability to build strong partnership relationships.
- An understanding of assisting in the support of delivering projects and programmes within a PRINCE2 environment is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will support the Programme Manager in the delivery of various programmes across the Transport Partnerships Team working closely with our partner councils. They will be a visible and enthusiastic team member, with a collaborative working style and can build excellent working partnerships at all levels.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days Annual Leave (increasing upon years of service) plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Free Travel on rail and buses across West Yorkshire with the M-Card (Zones 1-5)
- Flexible working practices with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
We have also recently undergone a major office refurbishment and have bright, airy, modern office space, with all latest technology, and just a 2-minute walk from Leeds Train Station. We also have agile working options too if you would rather work from home, or another suitable location, as well as a generous flexi-time scheme.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your anonymised CV to our online application form telling us why you would be a great fit for our role.
Please apply by 11:55pm on Sunday 10 July 2022.
The Combined Authority is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better outcomes. We welcome applications irrespective of people's age, disability, neuro-divergence, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity. or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability and/or who are neuro-divergent. To find out more about inclusivity at the West Yorkshire Combined Authority please visit our dedicated webpage.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone, video or face to face. If you have any difficulty with the type of interview you are invited to, please inform the recruiting manager at your earliest convenience to enable them to consider an alternative solution.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. We do however thank you for your application and encourage you to continue looking for roles on our Careers with Us website page.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.