Programme Development Manager – Ref: D/I30
Salary - Grade M £47,695 per annum - Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely) - Permanent 37 hours per week - Closing date – 19 October 2021
Programme Development Manager
Grade M - £47,695 pa
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Closing date 19 October 2021
We are seeking to appoint a Programme Development Manager in our Economic Implementation team. You will lead on the programme development of pipeline funding opportunities, working closely with internal policy teams to develop policy funding streams into deliverable programmes of work.
You will work closely with internal departments and external funding bodies in the development of deliverable programmes of work and business cases.
You will also lead a Economic Implementation programme of work, managing performance, budget and benefits realisation.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement that a £1.8bn devolution deal has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the Economic Regeneration Lead, your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with Policy to understand pipeline funding for non-transport projects delivering economic regeneration, transitioning this funding into deliverable programmes of work.
- Managing the development of major economic and regeneration programmes (c.£50 million) from policy ensuring key milestones, outputs and outcomes are achievable and deliverable.
- Encourage a partnership approach to work across the organisation and externally.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to assist in the delivery of complex/high profile programme(s) of activity.
- Line management of project team members as required, in line with Combined Authority policies and procedures, including provision of appropriate coaching and mentoring support.
Review at the Role Profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes and experience but not be limited to:
- Extensive experience of driving projects and / or programmes to successful conclusions to enable benefits realisation within a Prince2 or MSP environment.
- Experience of developing funding streams into delivery programmes.
- Excellent understanding of the role, purpose and interfaces of key stakeholders.
- Experience of managing people including appraisals, performance management, disciplinary, recruitment and selection.
- Strong communication skills with the proven ability to influence, negotiate and challenge.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing budgets.
- Proven experience of confidently and professionally conveying information both written and oral in a clear, concise and persuasive style.
- Comprehensive experience of leading, negotiating and influencing stakeholders.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 19 October 2021.
For further information about the role, please contact Jessica McNeill on Jessica.email@example.com
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.