Programme Manager (Growth Deal)
Programme Manager (Growth Deal) - Grade L £40,113 pa (2020 award pending) - Leeds City Centre (Temporarily Remote) - Fixed Term Contract to 30th June 2021 - Full Time (37 hours per week) - Closing date 1st October 2020 - Interviews held on 7th October 2020
Grade L £40,113 pa (2020 award pending)
Leeds City Centre (Temporarily Remote)
Fixed Term Contract to 30th June 2021
Full Time (37 hours per week)
Closing date 1st October 2020
Interviews held on 7th October 2020
To apply for this role click here
We are recruiting for Programme Manager within the Delivery Directorate, in the Economic Implementation department to deliver the final year and closedown of the Growth Deal programme.
At the WYCA we bring together local councils and businesses through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), this ensures that our work meets the needs of employers and residents so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
You will work with project managers to conclude the remaining projects within this £235m portfolio across Housing, Regeneration, Skills Capital, Flood Resilience and Clean Growth, including the management of the Energy Accelerator programme. Reporting into the Economic Regeneration Lead, key responsibilities will include
- Taking the lead role in implementing the remaining projects within the Growth Deal programme to ensuring successful closedown of the programme.
- Driving the successful delivery of your programmes business cases in compliance with the Combined Authority’s Assurance framework and any external funding requirements.
- Ensuring and championing robust and consistent governance with reporting in place to ensure effective management at a programme level.
- Evaluating, presenting and making decisions that secure the benefits the programme is tasked to deliver, whilst ensuring the programme remains aligned to the original goals.
Review at the Role Profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Have a track record of leading and delivering to budget, time and cost.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of the projects through leadership skills and being an excellent communicator.
- Strong financial awareness and understanding so you can make sound economic decisions that maximises value.
- An in-depth knowledge of project management techniques and you can mix analytical skills and an ability to work with data to problem solve.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme,
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card,
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your CV to our online application tool telling us why you would be a great fit for our role. Please click here to apply by 11:55pm on 1st October 2020.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis. The annual pay award for the financial year 2020/21 is still pending and will be applied to the salary structure as appropriate once confirmed.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.