Programme Manager (Transport Partnerships) D/I9tp
Grade L | £41,937pa | Location Leeds | Permanent Full time (up to 37 hours per week) Requests for part time / job share will be considered | Closing date: 10 July 2022
Programme Manager (Transport Partnerships) D/I9tp
Grade L - £41,937 per annum
Location - Leeds (currently working remotely)
Permanent/Full time (up to 37 hrs pw) Part time / job share will be considered
Closing date: 10 July 2022
- Do you want to work for an organisation that values you as an individual?
- An organisation that will support your professional development?
- What about an organisation that has Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the heart of everything that it does?
- How about an organisation that does all these things and more?
- Yes? Then look no further than the West Yorkshire Combined Authority! Listen to what our staff say by visiting our Life at West Yorkshire Combined Authority page
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional person who wants to play a leading role in improving our local transport infrastructure, reshaping our economy and forging better futures for millions of people. We are currently seeking to appoint two Programme Managers on a permanent contract to work on our significant delivery programme.
These posts are part of the Transport Partnerships team in the Delivery Directorate and will report to the Transport Partnership Lead. The successful candidate for this post will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic team, which is responsible for working with our district partners to support the efficient delivery of major infrastructure schemes.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to make the next step in their career and gain experience in managing programmes alongside a supportive team or make a transition into a similar role.
The Combined Authority brings together district partners, the business community via Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership and also takes in the former Passenger Transport Executive (branded Metro). Overall, the Combined Authority covers a population of around 2.5 million people and represents the largest economy outside London.
West Yorkshire Combined Authority (Combined Authority) and the Leeds City Region Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) are delivering the vision for transformational economic and jobs growth across the City Region. We have a growing and diverse 20 year portfolio of projects worth £1bn+ across a range of disciplines including transport, housing & regeneration, employment skills and flood alleviation.
To find out more about the work the Combined Authority is involved with take a look at our latest news stories.
Based within the Delivery directorate, the Transport Partnerships team oversees partner delivery for major infrastructure including the £1bn West Yorkshire Plus Transport Fund, £173.5m package of transport improvements for Leeds and the aspirational City Connect Programme across the Leeds City Region.
The successful candidates for this post will have the opportunity to join an established team, which is responsible for working with our district partners to support the efficient delivery of major infrastructure schemes within our portfolio.
The Programme Manager’s key responsibilities are:
- To work closely in partnership with delivery partners, acting as the Combined Authority’s day to day representative on programme level issues
- To lead delivery within the Combined Authority’s varied and extensive transport programmes, driving them forward to deliver outputs and outcomes to time, cost and quality
- To directly develop and/or to assist sponsors in the development of project/programme business cases in compliance with the Combined Authority’s Assurance framework and any external funding requirements
- To line manage a project team.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have experience of working in a programme management / project delivery environment and have excellent organisation skills.
- Be a confident communicator with the ability to navigate complex stakeholder relationships, significant stakeholder relationship management skills and drive progress on project delivery.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days Annual Leave (increasing upon years of service) plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses across West Yorkshire with the M-Card (Zones 1-5)
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible working practices with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing your CV to life.
For further information about the role, please contact Caroline Farnham-Crossland email@example.com
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on Sunday 10 July 2022.
The Combined Authority is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better outcomes. We welcome applications irrespective of people's age, disability, neuro-divergence, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity. or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability and/or who are neuro-divergent. To find out more about inclusivity at the West Yorkshire Combined Authority please visit our dedicated webpage.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone, video or face to face. If you have any difficulty with the type of interview you are invited to, please inform the recruiting manager at your earliest convenience to enable them to consider an alternative solution.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. We do however thank you for your application and encourage you to continue looking for roles on our Careers with Us website page.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.