Project Appraisal Manager - Ref: D/F7e
Grade K – Salary £36,316 per annum Permanent/Full-time Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely) Closing date – 24 January 2021
Project Appraisal Manager Ref: D/F7e
Grade K - Salary £36,316 pa
Permanent - Full-time (37 hours pw) Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely) Closing date - 24 January 2021
We are recruiting a Project Appraisal Manager who will be part of our Portfolio Management and Appraisal (PMA) team
The Leeds City Region has been successful in securing significant funding to support the delivery of the Strategic Economic Framework (SEF) including £317m from the Transforming Cities Fund (TCF) to support transport priorities, £67m from the Brownfield Housing Fund which aims to create more homes by bringing more brownfield land into development. and £53m from the Get Building Fund to accelerate capital projects to generate new activity over the next 18 months as part of the Government response to Covid-19.
Reporting to the Senior Appraisal Manager, working within a dynamic team which is responsible for ensuring that projects progress accordingly through the Combined Authority’s assurance process. The key responsibilities include:
- The appraisal of scheme business cases coming through the Combined Authority assurance process
- Engaging with internal and external scheme promoters, stakeholders, and external consultants to support project appraisal
- Preparing and presenting appraisal reports for the Combined Authority Programme Appraisal Team and Investment Committee
- Maintaining an overview of the investment programme appraisal requirements and providing support and guidance on appraisal issues with scheme promoters
- Ensuring appropriate quality assurance processes are in place and adhered to
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Experience of working in a project appraisal environment, or with experience of business case development.
- An understanding of national and local appraisal guidance and methodologies.
- Experience of prioritising, planning and organising workloads to manage expectations and deadlines.
- The ability to develop strong working relationships with scheme promoters, as scheme business cases come forward for appraisal is critical.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 24 January 2021
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
For further information about the role, please contact Ian McNichol on Ian.McNichol@westyorks-ca.gov.uk
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.