Project Appraiser (Housing & Regeneration)
£36,316 pa - Permanent - Leeds (Temporarily Remote)
Project Appraiser (Housing & Regeneration)
Grade - £36,316 pa
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Closing date 18th November 2020
We are recruiting a Project Appraiser who will be part of our Portfolio Management and Appraisal (PMA) team in the Delivery Directorate. The Leeds City Region has been successful in securing £67m from the Brownfield Housing Fund which aims to create more homes by bringing more brownfield land into development. We have also secured £53m from the Get Building Fund to accelerate capital projects to generate new activity over the next 18 months as part of the Government response to Covid-19.
At the West Yorkshire Combined Authority we bring together local councils and businesses through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), that ensures that our work meets the needs of employers and residents so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting to the Senior Appraisal Manager, working within a dynamic team which is responsible for ensuring that housing and regeneration projects progress accordingly through the CA’s assurance process. The key responsibilities include:
- The appraisal of scheme business cases coming through the CA’s assurance process
- Engaging with internal and external scheme promoters, stakeholders, and external consultants to support project appraisal
- Preparing and presenting appraisal reports for the Combined Authority Programme Appraisal Team and Investment Committee
- Maintaining an overview of the BHF/GBF programme appraisal requirements and providing support and guidance on appraisal issues with scheme promoters
- Ensuring appropriate quality assurance processes are in place and adhered to
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Experience of working in a project appraisal environment, or with experience of housing and regeneration business case development
- An understanding of national and local appraisal guidance and methodologies.
- Experience of prioritising, planning and organising workloads to manage expectations and deadlines
- The ability to develop strong working relationships with scheme promoters, as scheme business cases come forward for appraisal is critical
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 18th November 2020.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.