Project Assistant (Transport Projects)
Project Assistant (Transport Projects) - Grade H - £24,896 pa - Leeds City Centre (Temporarily Remote) - Permanent - Full Time (37 hours per week) - Closing date – 28 October 2020
Project Assistant - Transport Projects
Grade H - £24,896 pa
Leeds City Centre (Temporarily Remote)
Full Time (37 hours per week)
Closing date – 28 October 2020
To apply for this role click here
We are recruiting for a Project Assistant in our Transport Projects team within the Delivery Directorate, helping to deliver public transport and active travel projects included within the Transforming Cities Fund (TCF) and our wider transport portfolio.
At the West Yorkshire Combined Authority we bring together local councils and businesses through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), this ensures that our work meets the needs of employers and residents so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the Project Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Using project management methodologies such as PRINCE2, you will be supporting the delivery of projects to time, scope and budget in a fast-paced business change environment.
- Be responsible for managing smaller value projects as allocated from inception to completion and reporting to necessary Programme / Project Board.
- Work with the Legal, Finance and Purchasing Department(s) to procure with external Suppliers and Partners supporting negotiation of funding agreements.
- Primarily based in Leeds City Centre, although there may be requirements to undertake site visits and meetings across the wider Leeds City Region.
Review at the Role Profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes and experience but not be limited to:
- You will be a confident communicator with the ability to navigate complex stakeholder relationships and drive progress on project delivery.
- You will be a visible and enthusiastic team member, with a collaborative working style and will have the ability to build excellent working partnerships at all levels.
- You will be educated to a degree level or have equivalent practical experience of working in a similar role.
- To succeed you will have experience of working in a project delivery environment and have excellent organisation skills.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme,
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card,
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your CV to our online application tool telling us why you would be a great fit for our role.
Please click here to apply by 11:55pm on 28th October 2020.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.