Project Lawyer - Adult Education Budget (12 months FTC)
Project Lawyer - Adult Education Budget - Grade L £40,113 pa (2020 award pending) - Leeds City Centre (Temporarily Remote) - 12 Months Fixed Term Contract - Full Time (37 hours per week) - Closing date 6th October 2020
Project Lawyer - Adult Education Budget
Grade L £40,113 pa (2020 award pending)
Leeds City Centre (Temporarily Remote)
12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Full Time (37 hours per week)
Closing date 6th October 2020
You can apply for any role by clicking Here
We are recruiting a Project Lawyer on a Fixed Term Contract for 12 months. The Adult Education Budget (AEB) provides funding to help adults living in West Yorkshire develop the skills they need to enter and stay in work, or enrol in an apprenticeship, traineeship, or other learning. At the WYCA we take control of the AEB from central government from August 2021 as part of West Yorkshire devolution.
At the WYCA we bring together local councils and businesses through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), this ensures that our work meets the needs of employers and residents so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
We are seeking an experienced Project Lawyer on a 12-month contract to play a central role in preparation for devolution and delivery of the AEB.
Key responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Provide legal support on all aspects of the AEB including grant funding and contract arrangements
- Engage with a wide mix of stakeholders on this high-profile project ensuring a smooth transition.
- Support our public procurement, project governance and compliance.
Please look at the Role Profile for more information about the role responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Be proactive and motivated with an excellent track record of providing customer focused and authoritative legal advice and support.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, manage and advise on complex legal and commercial work, managing competing priorities and delivering clear and accurate advice, often to tight timescales.
- Be a qualified Solicitor, Barrister or FCILEx
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of the adult education and skills training funding sector is desirable.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme,
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card,
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your CV to our online application tool telling us why you would be a great fit for our role. To submit your application online please click here by 11:55pm on 6 October 2020.
For an informal chat about this role please contact Javid Daji on 0113 251 7266.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis. The annual pay award for the financial year 2020/21 is still pending and will be applied to the salary structure as appropriate once confirmed.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.