Project Manager - D/I6mt
Grade K | £38,951 pa | Location Leeds | Permanent | Full time (up to 37 hours pw) | Applications for part time / job share will be considered. Closing date: 09 April 2023
Project Manager - D/I6mt
Grade K| £38,951 pa |
Location Leeds |
- Do you want to work for an organisation that values you as an individual?
- An organisation that will support your professional development?
- What about an organisation that has Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the heart of everything that it does?
- How about an organisation that does all these things and more?
- Yes? Then look no further than the West Yorkshire Combined Authority! Listen to what our staff say on our 'Life at West Yorkshire Combined Authority' webpage.
As the biggest contributor to the UK economy in the Northern Powerhouse, with a proud cultural and sporting heritage, our West Yorkshire region is a modern and inspiring place in which to live, work and invest. The West Yorkshire Combined Authority brings together the local authorities of Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds, and Wakefield with the Local Enterprise Partnership. The Authority develops and delivers policies, programmes and services which directly benefit the 2.3 million people who call West Yorkshire home.
The Authority is chaired by the England’s first female elected Mayor, Tracy Brabin. The Mayor is a strong champion for the region, making sure that the voice of the people of West Yorkshire is heard in Westminster.
The Authority is now taking the next step to deliver for the region, benefiting from the largest devolution deal in England. Over £2bn of new funding is giving our region greater freedom to decide how best to meet local needs and create new opportunity, through investment in transport, skills, culture, housing, and the environment. The West Yorkshire Mass Transit is central to this ambition. We want to deliver a new, high-quality Mass Transit system for West Yorkshire which will connect people across our region by 2040.
Following the creation of a new Mass Transit Directorate to develop the Mass Transit programme, we are seeking new team members to support the route design and programme/project management functions.
Reporting into Programme Manager your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the planning and delivery of medium/high profile projects, either in-house or working directly with/for Delivery Partners (districts).
- Act as Case Officer on medium/high profile projects.
- Work in partnership with external partners to achieve joint objectives.
- Ensure the implementation of overall project controls through application of systems and processes for cost control, planning and reporting, progress measurement, schedule development/control and management of change.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Holds a Degree in a relevant field, or relevant demonstrable practical experience.
- Relevant Professional Qualification (e.g. PRINCE2 Practitioner, RICS, ICE, IHT, APM, CIOB)
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role.
- Experience of prioritising, planning and organising workloads to manage expectations and deadlines.
- Experience of managing people including appraisals, performance management, disciplinary, recruitment and selection.
- Strong communication skills with the proven ability to influence, negotiate and challenge.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing budgets.
- Proven experience of confidently and professionally conveying information both written and oral in a clear, concise and persuasive style.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days Annual Leave (increasing upon years of service) plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Free Travel on rail and buses across West Yorkshire with the M-Card (Zones 1-5)
- Flexible Working Practices with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
We have also recently undergone a major office refurbishment and have bright, airy, modern office space, with all latest technology, and just a 2-minute walk from Leeds Train Station. We also have agile working options too if you would rather work from home, or another suitable location, as well as a generous flexi-time scheme.
Have a look at our Employee Benefits webpage to find out more.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your anonymised CV, and complete the application form on our application website telling us why you would be a great fit for our role.
Please apply by 11:55pm on Sunday 09 April 2023.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better outcomes. We welcome applications irrespective of people's age, disability, neuro-divergence, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity. or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability and/or who are neuro-divergent. To find out more about inclusivity at the West Yorkshire Combined Authority please visit our dedicated webpage.
Whilst agile working is an option for most staff, there is an expectation that employees are able to attend the office in central Leeds as and when required.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone, video or face to face. If you have any difficulty with the type of interview you are invited to, please inform the recruiting manager at your earliest convenience to enable them to consider an alternative solution.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. We do however thank you for your application and encourage you to continue looking for roles on our Careers with Us website page.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.