Project Manager - D/I6o
Grade K | £36,951 pa | Location Leeds | Permanent | Full time (up to 37 hours) Requests for part time / job share will be considered | Closing date: 17 July 2022
Project Manager - D/I6o
Grade: K £36,951 pa
Location: Leeds (some working remotely)
Full time | Applications will be considered on a part time / job share basis |
Closing date: 17 July 2022
- Do you want to work for an organisation that values you as an individual?
- An organisation that will support your professional development?
- What about an organisation that has Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the heart of everything that it does?
- How about an organisation that does all these things and more?
- Yes? Then look no further than the West Yorkshire Combined Authority! Listen to what our staff say by visiting our Life at West Yorkshire Combined Authority page
We currently have a vacancy for a number of Project Managers to join our Transforming Cities Fund (TCF) team.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Mayoral Combined Authority. We have a wide variety of exciting projects that we are working on which will help shape the West Yorkshire region.
In 2021 the £1.8bn devolution deal was secured for West Yorkshire. This meant the first Mayor of West Yorkshire was subsequently elected, with Tracy Brabin taking up post in May 2021. The devolution deal and election of the Mayor has enabled us to start to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and helping to deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
To find out more about the work the Combined Authority is involved with take a look at our latest news stories.
Reporting into the Programme Manager, the key responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Manage the development and delivery of Transforming Cities Fund infrastructure projects to improve walking, cycling and public transport across West Yorkshire;
- Manage the development and delivery of Asset Management, Network Management and Safer Roads programmes that will see £300m invested in West Yorkshire to ensure our transport network is of a high standard, resilient, and has safety at its core;
- Manage projects within the £81m Zero Emission Bus Programme, to introduce zero emission buses and charging infrastructure to support the regional target to become a net-zero carbon economy, reduce emissions and improve air quality in targeted areas.
Working in partnership with the five West Yorkshire local authorities, and key stakeholders, will be critical to the success of these projects.
This is an ideal opportunity for project managers looking to make the next step in their career, and manage high profile projects, alongside a supportive team.
We want you to feel confident that our team and the Combined Authority is the right fit for you. For further information about the role, please contact Vicky Dumbrell on firstname.lastname@example.org
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
The successful candidates will have experience of working in a project management / infrastructure project delivery environment and managing the development and progression of business cases through assurance. They will be a confident communicator, have excellent organisation skills, the ability to navigate complex stakeholder relationships and drive progress of project delivery.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Holds a Degree in a relevant field, or relevant demonstrable practical experience.
- Relevant Professional Qualification (e.g. PRINCE2 Practitioner, RICS, ICE, IHT, APM, CIOB)
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role.
A competitive salary that increases each year for the first four years to reflect the experienced being gained in the role, in addition to this the salary may also receive a yearly inflationary uplift. The starting salary is £36,951 and will rise through annual increments to a maximum of £42,786 (based on current salary grades).
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days Annual Leave (increasing upon years of service) plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Free Travel on rail and buses across West Yorkshire with the M-Card (Zones 1-5)
- Flexible working practices with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
We have also recently undergone a major office refurbishment and have bright, airy, modern office space, with all latest technology, and just a 2-minute walk from Leeds Train Station. We also have agile working options too if you would rather work from home, or another suitable location, as well as a generous flexi-time scheme.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your anonymised CV to our online application form telling us why you would be a great fit for our role.
Please apply by 11:55pm on Sunday 17 July 2022.
The Combined Authority is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better outcomes. We welcome applications irrespective of people's age, disability, neuro-divergence, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity. or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability and/or who are neuro-divergent. To find out more about inclusivity at the West Yorkshire Combined Authority please visit our dedicated webpage.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone, video or face to face. If you have any difficulty with the type of interview you are invited to, please inform the recruiting manager at your earliest convenience to enable them to consider an alternative solution.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. We do however thank you for your application and encourage you to continue looking for roles on our Careers with Us website page.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.