Project Manager (Portfolio Management)
£36,316 pa Leeds (temporarily remote) Permanent / Full Time
Project Manager (Portfolio Management)
Grade K - £36,316 pa
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Permanent / Full Time
Closing date 18 November 2020
We are recruiting a Project Manager who will be part of our Portfolio Management and Appraisal (PMA) team in the Delivery Directorate. The PMA team oversees the £1bn+ portfolio of programmes and projects. These schemes are either delivered directly by the CA or through one of our partner organisations (in the public and private sector). Regardless of the delivery route, the PMA has responsibility for ensuring that only schemes, which meet the strategic aims of the organisation and have a robust commercial, economic, financial and management case, are developed and delivered and that they are delivered within the agreed time, cost and quality framework.
At the West Yorkshire Combined Authority we bring together local councils and businesses through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), that ensures that our work meets the needs of employers and residents so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
The key responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Leading on the planning and delivery of projects, using the Assurance Framework review, either in-house or with delivery partners and/or funders.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining the systems required for delivering the objectives of the PMA to support the CA in achieving its vision.
- Undertaking the appraisal of schemes coming through the CA Assurance process to support portfolio delivery in accordance with the Leeds City Region Assurance Framework
- Working with scheme promoters to resolve detailed queries flowing from business case reviews.
- Working in partnership with external partners to achieve joint objectives.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Experience of working in a project management environment, on business case appraisals and project assurance of portfolios or large programmes.
- Risk and issue management skills using assurance and appraisal processes.
- Experience of prioritising, planning and organising workloads to manage expectations and deadlines
- The ability to develop strong working relationships using effective communication with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 18 November 2020.
For further information about the role, please contact Ian Pegg (Portfolio Lead) on 0113 348 1915 or Julia Radianec (Programme Manager) Julia.Radianec@westyorks-ca.gov.uk.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.