Project Manager - Smartcard and Information Programme (SCIP) D/I6q - Internal applications only
Internal secondment opportunity ending 31st August 2020 | Grade K – SP1-4 Salary £35,344 - £40,924 | Closing date – 28 August 2019
Please note – This post is internal applications only – external applications will not be considered.
The West Yorkshire Combined Authority is seeking to strengthen its Implementation team which oversees a £1bn plus portfolio of capital projects. These projects are delivered in partnership between the Implementation Team and other Combined Authority and strategic partner teams.
A secondment opportunity of up to 12 months has arisen to provide cover for the existing role holder who is supporting another priority area of the Delivery directorate. This offers an exciting development opportunity for an existing or aspiring project manager to join the team. In line with the Combined Authority’s Secondments Policy, you must have 12 months’ service in your current role.
The role will be appointed to the Combined Authority’s generic role profile for a Project Manager (grade K) although the key responsibilities specific to this role are set out below:
The Project Manager will play a key role in our Delivery team working on the Smartcard and Information Programme. You will:
- Project manage the remaining elements of our SCIP programme and the transfer to Business As Usual activities.
- Support the liaison between our ICT department and contracted supplier during the development of the online interface for our customer relationship management system (CHASE).
- Manage the contractor in terms of resource and any outstanding deliverables.
- Oversee the testing environment for the system.
- Provide highlight reports to the programme board against milestone delivery, financial forecasts, managing any existing and future risks, dependencies and issues.
- Oversee a small project team.
- Work across directorates to support establishment of potential projects as part of any successful Future Mobility Zone bid.
You will be experienced in project management, preferably with a level of line and team management experience.
The role holder will be primarily based in Leeds City Centre, although there may be requirements to undertake site visits and meetings across the Leeds City Region.
Please submit a CV of no more than two sides of A4 detailing your career history, and a 500 word statement setting out your interest in the role and your suitability for it. A quick release will be required, so please discuss the opportunity with your manager before applying.
To submit you application online please visit http://www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk
The deadline for applications is midnight on 28th August 2019. Anticipated interview date: 13th September
Our aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds building an inclusive culture, we welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
If you have any queries regarding the role, after you have read the role profile, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
For more information about the work of the Combined Authority please visit www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk
Please submit your application by 11:55pm 28 August 2019
Please read the Project Officer role profile before applying for this post.
You can then Apply Here